bt voyager router configuration question

Old February 8th 06, 10:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
rtweed

Default bt voyager router configuration question

Here's what I'd like to be able to do, but the BT Voyager router
software seems to be getting in the way.

I have a static IP address + BT Business Broadband. I have a web
server running on my LAN and have set up port forwarding so incoming
requests on port 80 go to the web server - that works just fine.
External users can access the web server no problem.

On a PC on my LAN I can access the web server using its local IP
address (eg 192.168.1.103), but if I try to access it via the external
IP address, I get the web page for the router. Can I configure the
router so that I can use the external IP address from within the
network, and bypass interception by the router's interface software ?