A backup usb modem

Old February 9th 06, 06:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tim Downie

Default A backup usb modem

Vhit wrote:
Yes I know usb adsl isnt the best way to do it - but apart from when
tiscali itself isnt working too well it all works fine and does
everything I want it to do .

Got to thinking if my usb modem ever packed up i'd have to mess around
with a dialup modem until I got a new usb modem .

Any recommendations for a good backup usb modem that I could buy now
at reasonable cost ? .

Have you checked your local FreeCycle group? Heck if I had one I'd be happy
to give it away.

http://www.freecycle.org/display.php...ited%20Kingdom

Tim

Old February 9th 06, 10:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tim Downie

Vhit wrote:
uk.telecom.broadband , Tim Downie ,

Thu, 9 Feb 2006 18:08:59 -0000

Any recommendations for a good backup usb modem that I could buy now
at reasonable cost ? .

Have you checked your local FreeCycle group? Heck if I had one I'd
be happy to give it away.

http://www.freecycle.org/display.php...ited%20Kingdom

Had a look - but you cant even see whats on offer without registering
and subscribing .

Could understand not being allowed to post anything without being a
member - but just to have a fecking look! .

Your suggestion was fine and its them that need their baws booted .

It's the same with any Yahoo group. It's to prevent spammers gleaning
addresses. Well worth subscribing and joining in. A much better way of
getting rid of unwanted items and you can pick up all sort of stuff free.

Tim