Decent low user BB ISP

Old February 10th 06, 05:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

Default Decent low user BB ISP

Looking for a BB solution for one of my clients still stuck on dialup -
christ i'd fogotten how slow it is!!

Cheap per month, no install charges but on the other side this user is
gonna be very low use - I just reckon it will be cheaper for him and
more convienient, plus he can use the phone at the same time! Plus when
I fix it again I don't have to wait 20 mins for virus defs to
download...

Steve

Old February 10th 06, 07:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joker7

news:2006021017451543658%[email protected]
:
: Cheap per month, no install charges but on the other side this user is
: gonna be very low use - I just reckon it will be cheaper for him and
: more convienient, plus he can use the phone at the same time! Plus when
: I fix it again I don't have to wait 20 mins for virus defs to
: download...
:
: Steve
:
:
:

I'm personal with plusnet and found then to be great,have a look at the pay
as you go.

Chris

--
Cheap As Chips Broadband http://yeah.kick-butt.co.uk

Old February 10th 06, 10:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

Steve wrote:

Looking for a BB solution for one of my clients still stuck on dialup -
christ i'd fogotten how slow it is!!

Yes, a friend in the Hull area has recently switched to Karoo (no choice
for any BT-based service, of course) and is now very happy!

Cheap per month, no install charges but on the other side this user is
gonna be very low use - I just reckon it will be cheaper for him and
more convienient, plus he can use the phone at the same time! Plus when
I fix it again I don't have to wait 20 mins for virus defs to download...

Tim Downie was looking for similar recently - here's my reply:

You did check the ISP list/search on www.ADSLguide.org didn't you ?

http://makeashorterlink.com/?L2E91429C (page 1)
http://makeashorterlink.com/?L2F91529C (page 2)

You'll find "the usual suspects" (some with negative feedback about them
of late), including Supanet, Plus.Net, Tiscali, E7even, Euro1Net none of
which I'd suggest at present (Euro1Net is a bit of unknown, E7even has a
number of people leaving to other ISPs) and even some of the others like
DataComms Europe have people with billing issues months after leaving...

NDO/NamesCo www.ndo.com have a 250 kbps (10.95) and 500 kbps (15.95) and
no setup fee (but 50+VAT if leaving within 12 months, a bit over the BTW
fee, but much the same as others would charge and good monthly fees.

I am not a customer of NDO, but currently use Plus.Net - however watch
out that while most have a short tie-in for 'free' activation, Plus.Net
bases theirs on staying for 60 months in their 'you stay, we pay' deal!
The amount repayable goes down each year from 40 +VAT - and there is
some additional charge to have a 1 month notice contract. Peter M.