WiMAX Broadband service

Old February 10th 06, 06:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul

Default WiMAX Broadband service

Hi all

Anyone know anything about the WiMAX Broadband service offered by
www.sobroadband.co.uk

Is it any good.

Thanks

Old February 11th 06, 09:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stuart Buckland

Paul,

Everything I have read about them sounds good. I had been a close eye
on Telabria waiting for this to launch for quite some time.

I was intending to sign up with them until I read their AUP and T&C's.
I suggest you read through them carefully. You may not have an issue
with them but personally I did.

1) I run my own mailserver. While the sales person said this was fine
their AUP specifically states no servers what so ever may be run. They
specifically cite examples of p2p, mail, ftp, http.

2) They appear to use Clause 12 of their T&C's to grant themselves
complete access to all of your data.

"...we reserve the right to inspect any content created, accessed or
transmitted by you using the Services, including content in your files,
emails, postings or websites..."

When I asked for clarification of this clause to confirm I understood it
and wasn't being overly paranoid I was met with silence.

Those two issues made me a little uncomfortable. As I said though they
may not present an issue to others.

Stu

Old February 11th 06, 10:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
It's Me

1) I run my own mailserver. While the sales person said this was fine
their AUP specifically states no servers what so ever may be run. They
specifically cite examples of p2p, mail, ftp, http.

2) They appear to use Clause 12 of their T&C's to grant themselves
complete access to all of your data.

"...we reserve the right to inspect any content created, accessed or
transmitted by you using the Services, including content in your files,
emails, postings or websites..."

When I asked for clarification of this clause to confirm I understood it
and wasn't being overly paranoid I was met with silence.

Those two issues made me a little uncomfortable. As I said though they
may not present an issue to others.

Stu

Thanks for the info, looks like one to avoid to me.