How are speed upgrades processed?

Old February 11th 06, 12:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Seuss

Default How are speed upgrades processed?

I'm considering a speed upgrade on my adsl service (with Zen). However,
in setting up the original phone line and adsl service I had a lot of
problems with BT and I don't want to give them a chance to screw up
again. If I order a speed upgrade through Zen, is it just an internal
setting on Zen's servers or do they have to get BT to do anything in the
exchange?
Old February 12th 06, 04:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex

Seuss wrote:
I'm considering a speed upgrade on my adsl service (with Zen). However,
in setting up the original phone line and adsl service I had a lot of
problems with BT and I don't want to give them a chance to screw up
again. If I order a speed upgrade through Zen, is it just an internal
setting on Zen's servers or do they have to get BT to do anything in the
exchange?

They have to go to the exchange. I recently upgraded my Zen ADSL from
1Mbps to 2Mbps and it was very painless - I ordered on the phone and two
days later my connection speed was 2Mbps.

Alex