BT Wireless Broadband query

« I'm worried | Zen »

Old February 12th 06, 07:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Reg

Default BT Wireless Broadband query

I am in the process of leaving NTL and was planning to use BT Wirelss
Broadband.

NTL broadband comes through the set top box so I am new to receiving
broadband through the phone line.

I currently have the cable from the STB into a Netgear ProSafe Wireless
Router FM114P which provides broadband to my home and office PCs - all works
well.

I understand BT provide a Voyager 2100.

Will my Netgear FM114P be able to receive the broadband wirelessly from the
Voyager (and therefore continue to send that to the other PCs without me
having to reconfigure anything)?

This is important because it is nowhere near the phone line.

Thanks for any help.

Old February 13th 06, 12:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jae

"Reg" wrote in message
I am in the process of leaving NTL and was planning to use BT Wirelss
Broadband.

NTL broadband comes through the set top box so I am new to receiving
broadband through the phone line.

I currently have the cable from the STB into a Netgear ProSafe Wireless
Router FM114P which provides broadband to my home and office PCs - all
works well.

I understand BT provide a Voyager 2100.

Will my Netgear FM114P be able to receive the broadband wirelessly from
the Voyager (and therefore continue to send that to the other PCs without
me having to reconfigure anything)?

This is important because it is nowhere near the phone line.

Thanks for any help.

The Voyager will provide access to broadband for your computer. If your old
system is switched off you will not be using it. You will have to make a
tiny effort to read the book with the Voyager and set it up.

Old February 13th 06, 07:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Reg

"Jae" wrote in message

"Reg" wrote in message
[...]

Why bother answering if you have nothing useful to say?

It's a fair question to ask if the Netgear router can work to receive AND
send wireless broadband rather than order it all and find it doesn't work.
Isn't it??

Old February 13th 06, 10:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Bradley

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 19:36:47 -0000, "Reg" wrote:

I am in the process of leaving NTL and was planning to use BT Wirelss
Broadband.

NTL broadband comes through the set top box so I am new to receiving
broadband through the phone line.

I currently have the cable from the STB into a Netgear ProSafe Wireless
Router FM114P which provides broadband to my home and office PCs - all works
well.

I understand BT provide a Voyager 2100.

Will my Netgear FM114P be able to receive the broadband wirelessly from the
Voyager (and therefore continue to send that to the other PCs without me
having to reconfigure anything)?

This is important because it is nowhere near the phone line.

Thanks for any help.

Please choose your next ISP with care; I have no doubt that "BT Wireless
Broadband" does what it says on the tin but IMHO there are much better
alternative ISP's to use. In my travels to various clients to resolve
networking issues it is almost invariable the case that a call to the BT
support desk is necessary; sadly you seldom get satisfaction with any query
and the call is much longer, and consequently more expensive, as you struggle
to understand the local dialalect.

David Bradley
Old February 13th 06, 01:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Reg

wrote:

[...]

Thanks for your views David

I've decided to go with Zen having read good things about them in this group
and elsewhere.

Old February 14th 06, 01:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
emmaitch

wrote:

[...]

Reg,

Have Zen, then, answered your original question to your satisfaction?

Mike Hardy

Old February 14th 06, 02:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Bradley

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:34:30 -0000, "Reg" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Yep, Good choice.

David Bradley
Old February 14th 06, 04:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Reg

wrote:

[...]

No - I decided to buy new modem/wireless router as my existing router may be
on the way out (works ok but problematic if needs rebooting which I had to
do often with NTHell)

Old February 16th 06, 02:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
emmaitch

"Reg" wrote in message

wrote:

I am in the process of leaving NTL and was planning to use BT
Wirelss
Broadband.

snip for brevity

[...]

Ah, right. Hope you sort one that works better for you.

Mike Hardy