Demon Home Office

Old February 12th 06, 08:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Morlock

Default Demon Home Office

Any opinions, experiences of this account, good or bad?

And do they provide NTTP access?

Old February 12th 06, 10:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 20:45:58 -0000, "Morlock"
wrote:

Any opinions, experiences of this account, good or bad?

I use it and I'm very pleased with it.

And do they provide NTTP access?

Yes.

http://www.easynn.com
Old February 13th 06, 02:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nightowl

Dave {Reply Address in.Sig} wrote on Sun, 12 Feb
2006:

Morlock wrote:
Any opinions, experiences of this account, good or bad?
And do they provide NTTP access?

Do you mean nntp (news) or ntp (time)? You get the ntp easily enough
but the nntp is only available on some accounts and I suspect that
isn't one of them. Demon do seem to be restricting their nntp service
to dial-up, business and older home ADSL products now.

You do get a news service with Home Office, but not with the cheaper
Home account.

--
Nightowl
Old February 13th 06, 02:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Morlock

Morlock wrote:
Any opinions, experiences of this account, good or bad?
And do they provide NTTP access?

Do you mean nntp (news) or ntp (time)? You get the ntp easily enough but
the nntp is only available on some accounts and I suspect that isn't one
of them. Demon do seem to be restricting their nntp service to dial-up,
business and older home ADSL products now.

You do get a news service with Home Office, but not with the cheaper Home
account.

Useful to know - the web page doesn't mention it whereas some of the
others do.

Thanks all, I did mean NNTP, looks like I will be joining them soon.