Onetel Basic 2Mb

Old February 12th 06, 09:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Morlock

Default Onetel Basic 2Mb

Any opinions, experiences of this account, good or bad?

And do they provide NTTP access?

Old February 15th 06, 02:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

The NNTP was near useless when I was with them,
doubt it has improved.
Their email servers are still temperamental, I still have address.
There are better and cheaper deals.

I have been with Plus.Net for nearly three years, have had no problems.
For moderate users they are still great value.
Text newsgroups are still fine too, using dedicated server.
If you sign up with them please use my ID 'wester' as a referrer and save me
few pence,
thanks, regards,
Martin

Old February 15th 06, 06:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Morlock

"Martin²" wrote in message

The NNTP was near useless when I was with them,
doubt it has improved.
Their email servers are still temperamental, I still have address.
There are better and cheaper deals.

I have been with Plus.Net for nearly three years, have had no problems.
For moderate users they are still great value.
Text newsgroups are still fine too, using dedicated server.
If you sign up with them please use my ID 'wester' as a referrer and save
me few pence,

Well, I would do, but it is Plusnet who I am migrating *from* after 4 years!

I got absolutely fed up of changing T&C's every few weeks, sloppy traffic
management, slow browsing etc etc etc, I finally had enough after being put
on Level 1 management after downloading 1GB over the 20GB P2P/Usenet peak
time 8am - Midnight (!) limit that I was neither informed about nor aware
of.

Think I'll give Onetel a miss though by the sound of it, I'm off to Demon I
think, though not 100% decided yet.

Thanks for comments.