US Robotics 56k v.92 PCI modem (USR5661a)

Old February 16th 06, 05:51 PM posted to uk.adverts.computer,uk.telecom.broadband
Nick Le Lievre

Default US Robotics 56k v.92 PCI modem (USR5661a)

Nick Le Lievre wrote:
Watch this item might be able to snipe it for 2.99 should noone
else bid.

http://tinyurl.com/9qfdg

Update:

I thought my telephone line had been ADSL activated this afternoon becuase
at 12:45pm my modem connection cut off (the little connection icon
dissapeared completely) and upon trying to reconnect all I got was noise
from my modem speaker instead of dial tone.

Tried 2 or 3 times noone else using the line no faxes etc. So I figured they
must be processing my ADSL request and I plugged my ADSL modem into the
socket. The ADSL light was flashing initially for a good 5 minutes then it
went green - I thought this meant the line was ADSL activated so I phoned my
broadband ISP for login details which they gave me. I had to do this on my
mobile becuase my telephone line wasn't working.

So I tried to connect but after verifying username and password got an error
721 remote computer not responding so I phoned the support section of
broadband ISP who phone telephone provider who said they were finalising the
install and to wait a couple of hours.

So I waited untill 4pm then I picked up my telephone and it was working
again so I connected my analogue modem into the socket and got back online.
The ADSL light on the speedtouch can't really mean anything but why did it
go green just after the time when my modem connection dropped and why does
it go green if I plug it into the socket. Anyone know ?

--
And to all those opposed...
Hmm...well

Old February 16th 06, 06:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick Le Lievre

Nick Le Lievre wrote:
Nick Le Lievre wrote:
[...]

Also I had extra faceplates in my flat that were made into telephone sockets
when I moved in is there going to be a problem running ADSL off one of these
sockets its a 512kbit/s connection.

--
And to all those opposed...
Hmm...well

Old February 16th 06, 06:39 PM posted to uk.adverts.computer,uk.telecom.broadband
Yeh But No But

Snipped

So I waited untill 4pm then I picked up my telephone and it was working
again so I connected my analogue modem into the socket and got back
online.
The ADSL light on the speedtouch can't really mean anything but why did it
go green just after the time when my modem connection dropped and why does
it go green if I plug it into the socket. Anyone know ?

Yes I know but this is a group for buying and selling

Old February 16th 06, 06:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick Le Lievre

Nick Le Lievre wrote:
Nick Le Lievre wrote:
Nick Le Lievre wrote:
[...]

Regarding the ADSL light being on. I noticed that when I picked up the
telephone and got a dial tone after a while I`d get the error becuase I
hadn't dialled a number and then the ADSL modem light would flash then go
back to a steady green.

--
And to all those opposed...
Hmm...well

Old February 16th 06, 11:51 PM posted to uk.adverts.computer,uk.telecom.broadband
A. J. Moss

Nick Le Lievre wrote:
The ADSL light on the speedtouch can't really mean anything but why did it
go green just after the time when my modem connection dropped and why does
it go green if I plug it into the socket. Anyone know ?

Because it hates you too.

Old February 16th 06, 11:54 PM posted to uk.adverts.computer,uk.telecom.broadband
Nick Le Lievre

A. J. Moss wrote:
Nick Le Lievre wrote:
The ADSL light on the speedtouch can't really mean anything but why
did it go green just after the time when my modem connection dropped
and why does it go green if I plug it into the socket. Anyone know ?

Because it hates you too.

lol don't be silly I used to have ADSL from 2000 - 2003 and relied on that
little light let me know that my connection to ADSL was good and now it
seems it means nothing I feel I have lost 3 years of my life.

--
And to all those opposed...
Hmm...well