ADSL/Master Socket Wall Plate

Old February 17th 06, 04:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
miav

Default ADSL/Master Socket Wall Plate

Hi,

I was wondering where I can get a ADSL/Master Socket Wall Plate from?

I've looked at Maplin but they are wanting 11.99p plus postage.

Does anyone know where I can get one from?

TIA.

Old February 17th 06, 05:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hugh G Rection

miav wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering where I can get a ADSL/Master Socket Wall Plate from?

I've looked at Maplin but they are wanting 11.99p plus postage.

Does anyone know where I can get one from?

TIA.

Ebay? Item number 5866203853 (not my auction).

Old February 17th 06, 06:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Isitsafe

If things are running OK now - why would you want one?

Old February 17th 06, 07:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dudicous

miav wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering where I can get a ADSL/Master Socket Wall Plate from?

I've looked at Maplin but they are wanting 11.99p plus postage.

Does anyone know where I can get one from?

TIA.

If you send me a tenner I can send you instructions on how to make one
out of an old 8 track tape machine, a can of sardines and some belly
button fluff.

Personally I would not spend less than 16.38 + postage and here is a
good place to do it:

http://clarity.it/acatalog/ADSL_Installation.html

Make a choice at the start: a lifetime of hassle and expense or just
buy some decent kit. If you can't afford it, get a second paper round.
Grrrrrrr!

Old February 18th 06, 12:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
pooter

Isitsafe ] said
If things are running OK now - why would you want one?

Because they allow you to filter your entire phone system for telephone
connection etc at the master socket without the need for any further
filters.

Old February 18th 06, 12:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
pooter

dudicous ] said

miav wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering where I can get a ADSL/Master Socket Wall Plate from?

I've looked at Maplin but they are wanting 11.99p plus postage.

Does anyone know where I can get one from?

TIA.

If you send me a tenner I can send you instructions on how to make one
out of an old 8 track tape machine, a can of sardines and some belly
button fluff.

Personally I would not spend less than 16.38 + postage and here is a
good place to do it:

http://clarity.it/acatalog/ADSL_Installation.html

Make a choice at the start: a lifetime of hassle and expense or just
buy some decent kit. If you can't afford it, get a second paper round.
Grrrrrrr!

I have one of these and would recommend it.
Old February 18th 06, 01:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

http://www.linuxadsl.co.uk/

Old February 18th 06, 07:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jack Ouzzi

dudicous wrote:
miav wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering where I can get a ADSL/Master Socket Wall Plate from?

I've looked at Maplin but they are wanting 11.99p plus postage.

Does anyone know where I can get one from?

TIA.

If you send me a tenner I can send you instructions on how to make one
out of an old 8 track tape machine, a can of sardines and some belly
button fluff.

Wrong ....... far better to use Pilchard cans, less resistance and only
32p from Tesco ... no postage ;-)

Old February 18th 06, 08:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

pooter wrote:
dudicous ] said

miav wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering where I can get a ADSL/Master Socket Wall Plate from?

I've looked at Maplin but they are wanting ?11.99p plus postage.

Does anyone know where I can get one from?

If you send me a tenner I can send you instructions on how to make one
out of an old 8 track tape machine, a can of sardines and some belly
button fluff.

Personally I would not spend less than ?16.38 + postage and here is a
good place to do it:

http://clarity.it/acatalog/ADSL_Installation.html

Make a choice at the start: a lifetime of hassle and expense or just
buy some decent kit. If you can't afford it, get a second paper round.
Grrrrrrr!

I have one of these and would recommend it.

aolMe too!/aol