Problems with Tiscali

Old February 18th 06, 12:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alasdair

Default Problems with Tiscali

A friend of mine has Tiscali as her broadband provider. She wishes to
move to another provider but Tiscali are most unco-operative. They
are very reluctant to give her a MAC code and when she eventually got
one, it was not valid. She feels compelled to stay with Tiscali
against her will so that she has continuity of service.

Short of legal action, how can an unco-operative ISP be forced to
co-operate with a customer who wants to migrate to another provider?

--
Alasdair.
Old February 18th 06, 12:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joker7

:
: Short of legal action, how can an unco-operative ISP be forced to
: co-operate with a customer who wants to migrate to another provider?
:
: --
: Alasdair.

I had this problem with Tiscali but in the managed to get the MAC code,but
then I was quite persistent.It may help to keep posting in Tiscali forum as
I did until I was given a working MAC code.

Chris

--
Cheap As Chips Broadband http://yeah.kick-butt.co.uk

Old February 18th 06, 12:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick Le Lievre

Joker7 wrote:
"Alasdair" wrote in message
A friend of mine has Tiscali as her broadband provider. She wishes
to move to another provider but Tiscali are most unco-operative.
They are very reluctant to give her a MAC code and when she
eventually got one, it was not valid. She feels compelled to stay
with Tiscali against her will so that she has continuity of service.

Short of legal action, how can an unco-operative ISP be forced to
co-operate with a customer who wants to migrate to another provider?

--
Alasdair.

I had this problem with Tiscali but in the managed to get the MAC
code,but then I was quite persistent.It may help to keep posting in
Tiscali forum as I did until I was given a working MAC code.

Chris

For give me for my ignorance but what is a MAC code do you mean MAC address
? I don't know what your talking about.

--
And to all those opposed...
Hmm...well

Old February 18th 06, 12:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
anon

Nick Le Lievre wrote:

For give me for my ignorance but what is a MAC code do you mean MAC address
? I don't know what your talking about.

Well, it should just be MAC (Migration Authorisation Code, I think) and
is used to get a smooth transition from one ISP to another (as might be
obvious from the context, of switching ISP...) Peter M

http://groups.google.com/advanced_search

can be handy! (MAC comes up quite frequently)

Old February 18th 06, 01:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick Le Lievre

anon wrote:
Nick Le Lievre wrote:

http://groups.google.com/advanced_search

can be handy! (MAC comes up quite frequently)

Yeah I use google groups a lot - its the best in the world. I suppose I
could've researched it but thought someone here was bound to know and reply
quickly. Usually use google groups if the type of problem is not likely to
be replied to quickly or unspecificically.

--
And to all those opposed...
Hmm...well