Wanadoo removing usenet access

Old February 18th 06, 01:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

Default Wanadoo removing usenet access

Here we go again...

Just seen in wanadoo.adsl.announce:

Dear Wanadoo Newsgroups reader and user,

From 17th March, the way you read your Newsgroups will be changing.
We'll no longer be able to provide a Usenet/Newsgroups feed.

Although we cannot ourselves recommend an alternative Usenet/Newsgroups
service, the following is a brief list of operators recommended by
newsgroup
viewers and contributors:

http://www.giganews.com

http://www.easynews.com

http://groups.google.co.uk/groups/di...n&sel=33554433

(Google's Usenet archive and interface)

Thanks for your contributions to Usenet over the years - and sorry that
we
can't continue our service.

Yours,

The Wanadoo Support team