OneTel News Server

Old February 18th 06, 03:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default OneTel News Server

I've been using OneTel broadband for around a month. For the first two
weeks, I was able to access their news server with no problems.

For the last two weeks I have received the error message "502 You have
no permission to talk, (reverse dns disabled, see nodns in dnews.conf)
{84.9.228.38}, Goodbye" when I try to connect.

Can anyone help explain this? I'm sure it's a problem at their end.

Can anyone verify that they're able to connect to the OneTel news
server? (news.onetel.net.uk)

Thanks.
--
RH

Old February 18th 06, 05:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joker7

ups.com...
:
: For the last two weeks I have received the error message "502 You have
: no permission to talk, (reverse dns disabled, see nodns in dnews.conf)
: {84.9.228.38}, Goodbye" when I try to connect.
:
: Can anyone help explain this? I'm sure it's a problem at their end.
:
: Can anyone verify that they're able to connect to the OneTel news
: server? (news.onetel.net.uk)
:
: Thanks.
: --
: RH
:

Me thinks your are with bulldog not onetel:
http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip=84.9.228.38

Chris

--
Cheap As Chips Broadband http://yeah.kick-butt.co.uk

Old February 18th 06, 07:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flyer

"Joker7" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

If he is, then that would explain his inability to connect to OneTel's
servers ;-) And Bulldog don't provide a news server anyway, at least, not
with their LLU anyway

P.

Old February 19th 06, 04:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

wrote:
Joker7 wrote:

wrote in message

: For the last two weeks I have received the error message "502 You have
: no permission to talk, (reverse dns disabled, see nodns in dnews.conf)
: {84.9.228.38}, Goodbye" when I try to connect.

Me thinks your are with bulldog not onetel:
http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip=84.9.228.38

I'm posting on behalf of my father.

You really must have a lot of spare time!

On the contrary - both of us had the same query (I posted on very
similar lines) - because we were attempting to diagnose a problem
and one clear possibility was that the error was a result of your
IP being blocked from using that server.

Commonsense we used, because _you_ reported an attempted to post
in first person, and failed to explain the actual situation.

Old February 19th 06, 10:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

For the record, News began working again yesterday.

It appears to have been a problem at their end.

Old February 20th 06, 02:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

For the record, News began working again yesterday.

It appears to have been a problem at their end.

Which happened VERY often with OneTel in the past before I stopped using
them.
Guess they haven't improved in the last ~3 years..
Regards,
Martin