3-Com 3CRWE754G72-A Software Upgrade

Old February 18th 06, 05:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Barron

Default 3-Com 3CRWE754G72-A Software Upgrade

Anyone know if the 3CRWDR100A-72 v2.05 software will work with this
router and are there any advantages? I obviously don't just want to
try it because I may then not be able to revert to the original i.e. it
might disable the router.

Old February 19th 06, 09:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

"Andy Barron" wrote in message
oups.com...
Anyone know if the 3CRWDR100A-72 v2.05 software will work with this
router and are there any advantages? I obviously don't just want to
try it because I may then not be able to revert to the original i.e. it
might disable the router.

Andy,

I've been using V2.05 since July of last year and have not had a single
problem, it's been 100% reliable.

I had only just bought the router when I upgraded, so I can't comment on
improvements to the previous version, but I do remember seeing a number of
posts suggesting that 2.05 cured some problems.

Chris

Old February 19th 06, 09:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
thoss

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 Chris wrote:

"Andy Barron" wrote in message
roups.com...
Anyone know if the 3CRWDR100A-72 v2.05 software will work with this
router and are there any advantages? I obviously don't just want to
try it because I may then not be able to revert to the original i.e. it
might disable the router.

Andy,

I've been using V2.05 since July of last year and have not had a single
problem, it's been 100% reliable.

I had only just bought the router when I upgraded, so I can't comment on
improvements to the previous version, but I do remember seeing a number of
posts suggesting that 2.05 cured some problems.

You are talking about a 3CWDR100 driver on a 3CWDR100 router. The OP's
question was about using this driver on a 3CWDR75. Sounds dubious to
me.
--
Thoss
[To reply, replace * with . in Reply-To address]
Old February 19th 06, 10:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

"thoss" wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 Chris wrote:

You are talking about a 3CWDR100 driver on a 3CWDR100 router. The OP's
question was about using this driver on a 3CWDR75. Sounds dubious to
me.

Sorry, I missed that, thanks for pointing it out Thoss.

Andy, ignore my irrelevant post.

Chris