SNR

Old February 18th 06, 07:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Trev

Default SNR

Hiya Folks
Why does my line get noisy at say 7pm onwards? SNR can go down to 6.5 (line
drops at about 7) been fine all day sitting at between 11-13.5 Attenuation
is 43Db on a 2mb line. Which I know is on the limit for 2Mb but its stable
all day and gets worse at pm. Why anyone?

Old February 18th 06, 07:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark McIntyre

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 19:04:00 -0000, in uk.telecom.broadband , "Trev"
wrote:

Why does my line get noisy at say 7pm onwards?

Students in the neighbourhood? People coming home from work?
Mark McIntyre
Old February 18th 06, 07:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

Trev wrote:

Why does my line get noisy at say 7pm onwards? SNR can go down ...
drops at about 7) been fine all day sitting at between 11-13.5

Central heating ? A noise source near a phone extension ?

Old February 18th 06, 07:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Trev

"Peter M" wrote in message
Central heating ? A noise source near a phone extension ?

Modem router is in the loft away from *most* noises plugged into the phone
box all by itself . No gas here so all electric heating. I've got nowt that
turns itself on at the same time every night. Maybe the only thing will be
to get regraded back to 1Mb then the snr should be up to a level where it
wont be so critical. Still open to suggestions though :-)