Linksys WAG354G

Old February 20th 06, 12:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve C

Default Linksys WAG354G

Hi All,

I recently purchased the Linksys WAG354G wireless ADSL router, sets up
easily - no problem.

However, does anyone know if the web interface is "your lot"!

i.e Does it support SSH or anything for more granular configuration.
It appears as though the web interface is all you get, as other ports
seem blocked.

The reasons I ask (if anyone really wants to know is shown below!)

I bought it to replace an old Speedtouch 510 router, where the ISP
provides a /29 IP range, I then configured that to be IP-UnNumbered on
the WAN side, and used one of my IP's on the LAN interface. Then had
a hardware firewall (Watchguard X700) inbetween the LAN side and the
"real internal" side.
The configuration of the Speedtouch was done from the commandline and
by editing the "user.ini" (for those familiar with that device).

Of course now I have the Linksys with the web interface only, it looks
like it might not cut the mustard for my needs. (I can work around it
I suppose)

Any info greatly appreciated.