Splash Telecom ?

Old February 20th 06, 08:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Dingley

Default Splash Telecom ?

Anyone know anything about Splash ?
http://www.splashtelecom.net/product...rnet%20_h.html

Some friends of my (_NOT_ technical!) are migrating from Onetel dial-up
to ADSL from Splash. Apparently they're already tied into some phone
contract with Splash for eternity (no, I don't know details)

Anyone ever used their ADSL product ? I've wasted two evenings already
trying to make it work. They have no phone support! They only answer
during the day and ADSL support apparently involves sending emails off
to someone else and a 45 minute turn-around ! I guess they're just
reselling someone else's service.

So far we've got an ADSL link working but no network routing beyond it.
I'm stumped, and I can't see the other side of the network to guess
what's going on beyond it.

Is there any point in proceeding here, or is it time to just swallow the
financial loss from the contract and find an ISP that works?

Router is a bog-standard Belkin 125 Wireless
http://www.staples.co.uk/ENG/Catalog... fixedcode=WW

Old February 21st 06, 08:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Charlie Drake

Andy Dingley wrote:

I guess they're just reselling someone else's service.

They are a BT reseller.

Charlie
Old February 21st 06, 02:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Daniel

I would never sign up to an ISP when their website looks like that. I don't
know if they're dodgy or not but you are already finding their support bad
which is the first sign of a good/bad ISP.

Dan