Continuing problems with router

Old February 21st 06, 08:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
steve church

Default Continuing problems with router

I've been having problems with intermittent failure to communicate with my
3Com router/modem. Things generally work ok to start with but I eventually
have problems accessing the internet. I can get emails and newsgroups ok. I
have two computers wired in and either one can lock out. I notice that the
LAN status lights do not flash when trying to access the internet like they
normaly do (although they do when I access email/newsgroups). If I reset the
computer everything comes ok again. I've a 3Com 3CRWDR100A which is only
used in wired mode (wireless disabled). Someone had earlier queried the PSU
but the problem rectifies itself with a PC reset so I'm wondering if it's
something in the PC to router setup. I'm fairly new to all this (had the
router for a few weeks) so don't know where to start. Will any of the logs
within the router tell me anything?

Steve

Old February 21st 06, 11:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
adrian bowyer

"Steve Church" wrote in message
[...]

Hi,
got one myself for my laptop, have you downloaded the firmware updates from
the 3com site http://www.3com.co.uk/
HTH
ade
ade

Old February 22nd 06, 09:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
steve church

Yes I checked the software version. Mine is 2.06 Sept 21 2005. I believe it
is the latest version although the release date on their web site says
October!?

Steve