DG 834 with BT Broadband

Old February 21st 06, 10:05 PM posted to alt.internet.providers,alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.telecom.broadband
John

Default DG 834 with BT Broadband

Hi

I have a DG834 which I need to configure for BT broadband with fixed ip for
remote access. Normally ISPs provide a single ip which goes into the router,
simple. However, from BT I have received a set of 5 ips + one router ip. How
do I configure DG834 with these ips?

Thanks

Regards

Old February 21st 06, 11:32 PM posted to alt.internet.providers,alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.telecom.broadband
Styx

John wrote:
Hi

I have a DG834 which I need to configure for BT broadband with fixed ip for
remote access. Normally ISPs provide a single ip which goes into the router,
simple. However, from BT I have received a set of 5 ips + one router ip. How
do I configure DG834 with these ips?

Thanks

Regards

Ring BT and tell them that you've been sold the wrong product (unless
you actually *want* that arrangement of IPs). They can switch you over
to a single IP product -- it bemuses me why they don't just
automatically assume you want one IP, but I guess it's a way for them to
charge you extra for a multi-IP product.

I know they can do this because one of my clients had exactly the same
problem about 3 months ago.

Good luck!

Styx
Old February 24th 06, 09:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
P H

It's always amused me how BT Business Broadband hand out IP addresses like
sweets, and for every other ISP it's like trying to get blood out of a stone
to get more than one IP address.

73's de Phill