Asterisk setup?

Old May 9th 05, 05:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

Default Asterisk setup?

"Andrew Hodgson" wrote in message
Hi,

What are people using as Asterisk servers? What sort of specs are
best, and does anyone know if there are any packaged systems available
with web interface etc? I am not really sure of most of the config
options in the config files - I am not a telecoms expert, although do
understand some of the sections re codecs etc.

Thanks.
Andrew.
My Email: use andrew at hodgsonfamily dot org.

Hi.

My Box here is an Dual 1.3G 2U server with 760Meg of ram, The version of * I
run on this is a fairly recent version of head. I avoid *@home as its quirky
with respect to conf files. I have a clone X101 with CLI patch applied for
all my business use i use voiptalk iax trunks .
Added features are 1471 for reading back the last 10 callers, Password
protected remote access, script to divert "international" calls to an IVR
and system speed dials. For phones I use Mitel 5215, BT102 and 101, Xlite,
and Xpro for PDA. and a ATA186 for fax and Dect.
I also restart * nightly, backup the conf files and copy the CDR records to
a safe location with a simple cron job.

Ian