New user problems with JustDial VoIP

Old May 9th 05, 05:35 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

Default New user problems with JustDial VoIP

In message of Tue, 3 May 2005, writes
On Tue, 3 May 2005 17:17:13 +0100, David Floyd
wrote:

I was thinking that JustDial would be more reliable than Sipgate as
there is a charge for the service (1.99 per month).

I've just joined up and received my registration details and immediately
have two problems.

Any other Just Dial users had these problems?

1)The Voicemail number (02071248000) is unobtainable from my landline
and my mobile, and

2)I can't make calls to other numbers (get unobtainable), but I can dial
02071248000 using JustDial and access my voicemail.

I've sent them an email - but no response yet.

I emailed them yesterday asking if I could use my Sipura ata with
their service but no response yet and I do not think I will get one
seeing that they have a 0870 contact number with will make them loads
of money .
I am pleased you have posted this David has I was on the point of
signing up but will not do now you have posted your first reactions to
them say what you like at least Sipgate works straight off .

The JustDial account is now sorted - I think I had to wait for the
Direct Debit to be set up by them, but they didn't explain that when
they sent the original email saying my account was set up.

, did you get a reply about the set up for
Sipura?

They sent me their reply with the ATA-486 set up details within 24
hours!

David

Old May 10th 05, 08:44 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Mon, 9 May 2005, mark kelly writes
Hi David, if you still need the screenshot email me back so I can reply
back.

Thanks. I think I'm alright now as JD replied with the settings. Only
trouble is they say the ATA-486 needs to be at least 1.0.5.23 firmware -
mine is 1.0.5.16 and I can't seem to get it upgraded for some reason.

NB: glad you got a response from Just Dial back, I am still waiting
for my call charges probably will call them up over the weekend to ask.
I wonder since yours got answer in 24 hours,

Those that I sent to "customer services" I've not had a rely to, but the
one sent to "support" re the Grandstream box I did get a 24 hour reply.

Note to everyone : It seem uk.telecom.voip can't be posted to at the
moment from google and comes up with an error. so this post will be
just to telecom. But to other person in other discussion, see do not
shout at ppl who talk about VOIP in TELECOM when they have no choice