1899 VOIP faxing

Old May 9th 05, 11:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham

Default 1899 VOIP faxing

(from uk.telecom, just to see if anyone here has tried it)

I am trying to use the G711 codec (the widest one) for faxing through
1899's VOIP service. It's not brilliant, even less than their PSTN
service for faxing.

Has anyone else tried it, and is there anything can be done to make it
useable? Mine's a Sipura 2100 if that makes any difference. I think
VOIP faxing generally is a bit dead.

I was wondering if your tests were done with real fax machines or computer
applications.

Was ECM supported at both ends? (AFAIK most faxes don't use ECM).

Finally, I assume the transmissions took place at 2,400bps. If so, was this
forced or auto-negotiated?

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%