1899 Setting Up With VOIP Phone

Old May 10th 05, 01:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil

Default 1899 Setting Up With VOIP Phone

Sorry I am a novice when it comes to VOIP. I have set up 1899 with the
client downloaded from thier website and it works great. I was wondering if
there is a VOIP phone I could plug into my router/phone line to make calls
via 1899 and recieve call normaly via BT, is there such a device. I would
like the phone to be cordless if possible.

Old May 10th 05, 02:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil

Forogot to say I have a Belkin 4 port router and have a normal cordless
phone already, so is there an adaptor I could use instead of buying a VOIP
phone?

Old May 10th 05, 08:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Tue, 10 May 2005, Phil writes
Forogot to say I have a Belkin 4 port router and have a normal cordless
phone already, so is there an adaptor I could use instead of buying a VOIP
phone?

I use a Grandstream ATA-486, which works OK in this situation.

DF
Old May 10th 05, 02:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil

I use a Grandstream ATA-486, which works OK in this situation.

DF

Thanks for the info. Is this device easy to configure? I take it my PC
doesn't need to be on after I have configured it?

Old May 10th 05, 02:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Tue, 10 May 2005, Phil writes
I use a Grandstream ATA-486, which works OK in this situation.

DF

Thanks for the info. Is this device easy to configure? I take it my PC
doesn't need to be on after I have configured it?

Yes, the configuration information is on the 1899 web page.

No, your computer doesn't need to be on if it is plugged into an
ethernet modem (or router).

DF
Old May 13th 05, 01:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil

I have been looking into this further. I looked at the diagram here
http://www.myphonecall.co.uk/voip/te...yTone_486.aspx
and it looks as if it has to be connected to my PC in line with my router,
is this correct? Would I have to unplug my router from my PC plug the 486
into my pc and then into my router? Once everything is plugged in I take it
I configure it from my PC and will I also have to forward some ports in my
router?