How do I upgrade firmware for Grandstream ATA-486

Old May 10th 05, 09:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

Default How do I upgrade firmware for Grandstream ATA-486

"David Floyd" wrote in message
I have an ATA-486 supplied by sipgate.

I now want to use it for another supplier but it requires firmware
1.0.5.23 whereas mine is 1.0.5.16.

I thought that upgrades were supposed to happen automatically if the
TFTP server IP address was entered.

Mine is now 217.14.32.170 - it was something else (which I can't now
remember) which sipgate set, but it has never upgraded since I've had
it.

Any-one know what else should be set or how I can get the latest
upgrade.

Thanks for any help,

David

Hi

I have always used a local TFTP server. (http://www.weird-solutions.com). As
to the latest firmware, Have you looked at Grandstreams website?. they
normally have the latest version, Other places are goods2world and
Telappliant also have GS software.

Ian