1899 VOIP faxing

Old May 10th 05, 08:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

Default 1899 VOIP faxing

In message of Mon, 9 May 2005, writes
(from uk.telecom, just to see if anyone here has tried it)

I am trying to use the G711 codec (the widest one) for faxing through
1899's VOIP service. It's not brilliant, even less than their PSTN
service for faxing.

Has anyone else tried it, and is there anything can be done to make it
useable? Mine's a Sipura 2100 if that makes any difference. I think
VOIP faxing generally is a bit dead.

Yes, I've sent faxes from my fax machine attached to 1899ViOP, and the
recipients have received them OK. I know that because they have
replied, but to my normal landline fax number. (I don't yet trust
sipgate for a reliable incoming line).

DF