VoIP provider with CLI withhold

Old May 11th 05, 09:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Robin Grayson

Default VoIP provider with CLI withhold

On Wed, 11 May 2005 07:55:08 +0100, Mark
wrote:

I'm looking for a SIP-based provider with incoming geo number for a
small fee of up to a few pounds per month.

Not too bothered about bundled minutes (it's for business use when
working from home).

JustDial Voip almost fits the bill but they don't support per-line or
per call CLI withold.

Other must-haves are call diversion, multi-party calls and voicemail.

Any suggestions? Gradwell?

TIA

Hi Mark,

I use Gradwell for VoIP, and though not the cheapest around, they do
offer a good package, however I don't see in the control panel where
you can disable CLI .... email their support team, they are very
helpful.

For each external number purchased, you get 10 extensions to use - I
have one configured as a 'hunt group' which dials 3 different VoIP
telephones (I call it 'reception') and then the 3 of us also have our
internal extension numbers we can use to dial each other, transfer
calls etc.

We went for a geographic number rather than the less expensive 087x
numbers, but think the options are the same for both.

Regards,

Robin
Old May 11th 05, 09:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
^^artnada^^

In ,
Robin Grayson pop his head above the parapit and spewed
forth:
|| On Wed, 11 May 2005 07:55:08 +0100, Mark
|| wrote:
||| I'm looking for a SIP-based provider with incoming geo number for a
||| small fee of up to a few pounds per month.
||| Not too bothered about bundled minutes (it's for business use when
||| working from home).
||| JustDial Voip almost fits the bill but they don't support per-line or
||| per call CLI withold.
||| Other must-haves are call diversion, multi-party calls and voicemail.
||| Any suggestions? Gradwell?
||| TIA
|| Hi Mark,
|| I use Gradwell for VoIP, and though not the cheapest around, they do
|| offer a good package, however I don't see in the control panel where
|| you can disable CLI .... email their support team, they are very
|| helpful.
|| For each external number purchased, you get 10 extensions to use - I
|| have one configured as a 'hunt group' which dials 3 different VoIP
|| telephones (I call it 'reception') and then the 3 of us also have our
|| internal extension numbers we can use to dial each other, transfer
|| calls etc.
|| We went for a geographic number rather than the less expensive 087x
|| numbers, but think the options are the same for both.
|| Regards,
|| Robin

Sipgate give a FREE geographical number. They also do voicemail, and CLID
withhold. All for FREE!
https://secure.sipgate.co.uk/user/index.php

Old May 11th 05, 10:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

"^^artnada^^" wrote in message
. uk...
In ,
Robin Grayson pop his head above the parapit and spewed
forth:
|| On Wed, 11 May 2005 07:55:08 +0100, Mark
|| wrote:
||| I'm looking for a SIP-based provider with incoming geo number for a
||| small fee of up to a few pounds per month.
||| Not too bothered about bundled minutes (it's for business use when
||| working from home).
||| JustDial Voip almost fits the bill but they don't support per-line or
||| per call CLI withold.
||| Other must-haves are call diversion, multi-party calls and voicemail.
||| Any suggestions? Gradwell?
||| TIA
|| Hi Mark,
|| I use Gradwell for VoIP, and though not the cheapest around, they do
|| offer a good package, however I don't see in the control panel where
|| you can disable CLI .... email their support team, they are very
|| helpful.
|| For each external number purchased, you get 10 extensions to use - I
|| have one configured as a 'hunt group' which dials 3 different VoIP
|| telephones (I call it 'reception') and then the 3 of us also have our
|| internal extension numbers we can use to dial each other, transfer
|| calls etc.
|| We went for a geographic number rather than the less expensive 087x
|| numbers, but think the options are the same for both.
|| Regards,
|| Robin

Sipgate give a FREE geographical number. They also do voicemail, and CLID
withhold. All for FREE!
https://secure.sipgate.co.uk/user/index.php

And they also do not give a "business" quality service, support incoming
DTMF and support IAX.

Old May 11th 05, 01:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ben Smithurst

Robin Grayson wrote:

I use Gradwell for VoIP, and though not the cheapest around, they do
offer a good package, however I don't see in the control panel where
you can disable CLI .... email their support team, they are very
helpful.

You can dial 141 as a prefix to do it per-call. We could easily add an
option to do it per-line if there was demand for it.

--
Ben Smithurst gradwell dot com Ltd
Systems Developer
Old May 11th 05, 02:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Robin Grayson

On Wed, 11 May 2005 10:09:39 +0100, Mark
wrote:

On Wed, 11 May 2005 07:42:52 GMT, "^^artnada^^"
wrote:

[8]

Sipgate give a FREE geographical number. They also do voicemail, and CLID
withhold. All for FREE!
https://secure.sipgate.co.uk/user/index.php

If the poor recent history documented in newsgroups is remotely
reflective of their service, then how can (or why should) I rely on
them?

Gradwell do a free trial ... I'd suggest trying it and see if it works
for you. I believe you can choose any geographic area code, and is
free for the first 3 months, then 4.00 thereafter.

I have no complaints of them, and you often find replies to support
queries throughout the night, not just business hours

I just wish I had an ADSL router that prioritised VoIP traffic, like
the draytek!

Regards,
Robin

PS I don't work for gradwell, I'm just a user of their VoIP centrex
service.