sipgate vs voipfone

Old May 8th 05, 03:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

Default sipgate vs voipfone

"keymaster" wrote in message

[snip]

Hi
thanks, this is a bonus, I dont mind the 9.99 as u get 500 minutes a
month call time included.
i will have a look at sipgate tho
cheers
Roy

With Sipgate you get 1000 minutes a month for 5.90 but I personally see
little need to pay this as it's not really worth it unless you really need
to call that many people..! At 1.19p/min on the PAYG system why pay for
time you might not use..? Most of my calls on Sipgate are to other users
of the system which are free.

Sipgate has had more than its fair share of problems but it does seem to
have stabilised now and call quality is excellent.

Ivor

Old May 8th 05, 06:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote in message
On Sun, 8 May 2005 15:59:46 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:
With Sipgate you get 1000 minutes a month for 5.90 but I personally see
little need to pay this

Come on Ivor you forgot to mention you cannot possibly pay 5.90 a
month Sipgate only accept payments of ten pounds this is my main
grumble regarding Sipgate .

5.90 per month is for the 1000 minutes option.

True the min. payment is a tenner but if you're going to spend 5.90 per
month it's less than 2 months. In fact the min. payment used to be 20 per
month so think yourself lucky g

Ivor

Old June 4th 05, 11:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
JGN

wrote:
With Sipgate you get 1000 minutes a month for 5.90 but I personally see
little need to pay this

Come on Ivor you forgot to mention you cannot possibly pay 5.90 a
month Sipgate only accept payments of ten pounds this is my main
grumble regarding Sipgate .

5.90 per month is for the 1000 minutes option.

True the min. payment is a tenner but if you're going to spend 5.90 per
month it's less than 2 months. In fact the min. payment used to be 20 per
month so think yourself lucky g

Ivor

As I understand it and as a new Sipgate customer, you start your account
with a tenner and then you have access to Sipgate 1000 which is 1000mins for
5.90 per month. Unused minutes roll over. That is very cheap...

cheers,

John

Old June 4th 05, 12:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Sat, 4 Jun 2005, JGN writes

As I understand it and as a new Sipgate customer, you start your account
with a tenner and then you have access to Sipgate 1000 which is 1000mins for
5.90 per month. Unused minutes roll over.

Their web page specifically states that unused minutes are NOT rolled
over!

DF

Old June 4th 05, 12:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

JGN wrote:

[snip]

As I understand it and as a new Sipgate customer, you start your
account with a tenner and then you have access to Sipgate 1000
which is 1000mins for 5.90 per month. Unused minutes roll over.
That is very cheap...

Sorry, you have it wrong - unused credit does *not* roll over on Sipgate
1000. It is only of value if you will use all or nearly all of 1000
minutes a month.

Ivor

Old June 4th 05, 02:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mathew Curtis

Ivor Jones wrote:
JGN wrote:

[snip]

As I understand it and as a new Sipgate customer, you start your
account with a tenner and then you have access to Sipgate 1000
which is 1000mins for 5.90 per month. Unused minutes roll over.
That is very cheap...

Sorry, you have it wrong - unused credit does *not* roll over on Sipgate
1000. It is only of value if you will use all or nearly all of 1000
minutes a month.

Ivor

with the new package builder thingy on www.voipfone.co.uk you can have
500, 1000, 2000 minutes and it works out to about 0.009p a minute I
just bought the 1000 minutes for 9.99 so I can call my sister in
Australia at any time for just under 1p

Well chuffed :-)

Mat