Blueyonder carry this newsgroup now!

Old May 11th 05, 02:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
MikeV

Default Blueyonder carry this newsgroup now!

Blueyonder now carry uk.telecom.voip

I just feel sorry for NTL users

--
--------------------
Michael Valentine

Old May 11th 05, 04:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Corlett

wrote:
[...]
But I am still narked at being forced to buy a separate news service
I do think that All isp's should provide all groups after all BB
connections are not cheap ISP's must be making a fortune .

Are you being deliberately dense, or were you born that way?

Have you any idea of the cost of providing a news service, or do you
seriously think that lots of fast disk and bandwidth costs nothing?

--
PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger for full key

Please contribute to the beer fund and a tidier house:
http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfgtpZ1...Z25QQsassZpndc
Old May 11th 05, 05:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Corlett

David Mahon wrote:
Peter Corlett writes

[...]
Have you any idea of the cost of providing a news service, or do
you seriously think that lots of fast disk and bandwidth costs
nothing?

A text only (no binaries) news service however, costs, in the grand
scheme of things the ISP pays for, next to nothing.

Oh, I agree, and I've run a full text-only feed before with minimal
effort. However, the great unwashed seem to mean "fast warez downloads
without the hazards of P2P" when they ask for news.

--
You fall out of your mother's womb, you crawl across open country under fire,
and drop into your grave.
Old May 11th 05, 07:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sandman112

bout time too ....... although im a tad confused ..... how come its on the
text server and NOT on the binary server? i asked last week about this being
added and was told it would appear on the main binary server, then it could
be added to the text server, yet it just seems to have appeared on the text
server

does this mean that they CAN really add new groups as they see fit ??

news

Old May 11th 05, 11:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Peter Corlett" wrote in message
.. .
David Mahon wrote:
Peter Corlett writes

[...]
Have you any idea of the cost of providing a news service, or do
you seriously think that lots of fast disk and bandwidth costs
nothing?

A text only (no binaries) news service however, costs, in the grand
scheme of things the ISP pays for, next to nothing.

Oh, I agree, and I've run a full text-only feed before with minimal
effort. However, the great unwashed seem to mean "fast warez downloads
without the hazards of P2P" when they ask for news.

Isn't news.individual.net a text only service..?

Ivor