Two 1899 VOIP calls simultaneously?

Old May 12th 05, 07:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The Cable Guy

Default Two 1899 VOIP calls simultaneously?

wrote:
||| I'm sure I had to update my SPA's firmware before two simultaneous
||| calls could be made with the best codec. Also forwarding (double
||| checking) different ports for L1 & L2 made a massive difference.
|| Can you explain this? You mean the "SIP Port" setting on the Line 1 /
|| Line 2 screens? Surely this is automatically set to different values,
|| if I try to set both to 5060 then the Sipura forces one of them to
|| 5061?

I tend to use 5060 & 5070 - I read that the ports ought to have at least 5
between them

||| I've not tried 2 calls with 1899. Can't imagine why it wouldn't
||| work.
|| It doesn't work. I just upgraded my 2100's firmware to 3.1.2(b) and
|| 1899 only allows one call at a time, however I only have one PSTN
|| number registered for 1899 service. Perhaps registering two PSTN
|| numbers for 1899 would allow two simultaenous 1899VOIP calls? Anyone
|| tried this?

That would [have to] work - just like 2 separate individuals -

||| Can you make 2 calls with 2 providers?
|| Yes.

Then it's a 1899 issue.

Old May 12th 05, 11:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Linus Surguy

"The Cable Guy" wrote:
|| Can you explain this? You mean the "SIP Port" setting on the Line 1 /
|| Line 2 screens? Surely this is automatically set to different values,
|| if I try to set both to 5060 then the Sipura forces one of them to
|| 5061?

I tend to use 5060 & 5070 - I read that the ports ought to have at least 5
between them

You are thinking of the RTP ports, which are used in 'chunks' of 4. The SIP port
address doesnt matter.

Linus

www.telesave.co.uk: UK 2.5p/1.5/1p South Africa 6p US,France,Germany,Eire 2.5p
Looking for VoIP ? We're the largest wholesale numbering supplier in the UK!