Company Info

Old May 11th 05, 11:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
S W

Default Company Info

Hi,

Which is the biggest VOIP company?
Which of the VOIP companies has VOIP as their main business?
I'm interested for possibly future investments.

Thanks
SW

Old May 12th 05, 10:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
S W

"Mark" wrote in message
On Wed, 11 May 2005 22:24:47 +0100, "S W"
wrote:

Hi,

Which is the biggest VOIP company?

Define 'biggest', please....
And your geographical interest.
Retail or wholesale?
Operator or equipment vendor?

Outside of China, largest retail operator in terms of paying customers
is undoubtedly Softbank/Yahoo!BB (Japan) with around 4.5 million
punters.

Which of the VOIP companies has VOIP as their main business?

Er, Skype. Vonage....
NetCentrex, Sonus, Cirpack...

I'm interested for possibly future investments.

I read only the other day that Mr Citron needs/needed some more cash.
And Mr Son has sunk quite a bit into Yahoo!BB

"The value of....can go down as well as up"

;-)

--
Mark

Hi,

I was interested in companies that dealt on the London Stock exchange. By
biggest I meant the one with the highest turnover, profits, etc. I'm sure
that VOIP will get an increasing share of the telecoms market in the next
few years, but I know diddly squat about the operating companies. I've heard
of Skype and Vonage, I don't think I can buy shares in Skype as its a Dutch
(?) company? The others, I've never heard of them.
I've been checking out londonstockexchange.com and there's a lot to sift
through!

Thanks
Sw

Old May 14th 05, 12:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
S W

"Mark" wrote in message
On Thu, 12 May 2005 21:51:27 +0100, "S W"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

I would imagine that few are listed on the LSE, most are privately
held (including Vonage I think). That ought to tell you something.

There's always BT ;-)

Hhmmmm!

;-))