Cisco ATA186 Phone2 Dead

Old May 12th 05, 06:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
TheDragon

Default Cisco ATA186 Phone2 Dead

I have connected a 2nd phone to the phone 2 socket, expecting it to be a
parallel of phone 1, its dead. Is there a config setting to enable phone2 to
operate.

I am on Bt BroadbandVoice

Old May 12th 05, 07:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Thu, 12 May 2005 18:44:41 +0100, "TheDragon"
wrote:

I have connected a 2nd phone to the phone 2 socket, expecting it to be a
parallel of phone 1, its dead. Is there a config setting to enable phone2 to
operate.

I am on Bt BroadbandVoice

as configured for BTBBV the 2nd line is not supported.

It isn't a parallel of phone 1 it can have two lines running on it (at
least the SIP version can).

see for example the screen below with 2 user IDs, passwords etc
http://www.oz-deals.com.au/hardware_...ta186_sip.html

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !
Old May 12th 05, 08:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
TheDragon

wrote:

I have connected a 2nd phone to the phone 2 socket, expecting it to be a
parallel of phone 1, its dead. Is there a config setting to enable phone2
operate.

I am on Bt BroadbandVoice

as configured for BTBBV the 2nd line is not supported.

It isn't a parallel of phone 1 it can have two lines running on it (at
least the SIP version can).

see for example the screen below with 2 user IDs, passwords etc
http://www.oz-deals.com.au/hardware_...ta186_sip.html

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !

When I phoned BTBBV they mentioned a business version that has 2 lines and 2
numbers.

Old May 12th 05, 08:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Thu, 12 May 2005 20:24:22 +0100, "TheDragon"
wrote:

When I phoned BTBBV they mentioned a business version that has 2 lines and 2
numbers.

does it use the Fujitsu ATA
http://www.btbroadbandvoice.com/bbv4..._it_works.html

yes :-)

Phil
Old May 12th 05, 09:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
TheDragon

wrote:

When I phoned BTBBV they mentioned a business version that has 2 lines and
2
numbers.

does it use the Fujitsu ATA
http://www.btbroadbandvoice.com/bbv4..._it_works.html

yes :-)

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !

He never said. I had to call sales. I dont really want 2 numbers, just 2
phones connected. Look like I need to go and buy a phone doubler socket.