VoIP to ISDN (to use old ISDN phones over VoIP) ?

Old May 14th 05, 07:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin Maurer

Default VoIP to ISDN (to use old ISDN phones over VoIP) ?

Hello,

do someone know if there are VoIP to ISDN telephone converters ? I know
there are VoIP to Analog Phones converters to use your old analog phone
equipment over VoIP, but the same for ISDN (prefereable Euro-ISDN, DSS1, but
all other also ok) ?

Regards,

Martin

Old May 30th 05, 08:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Philippe Deleye

do someone know if there are VoIP to ISDN telephone converters ? I know
there are VoIP to Analog Phones converters to use your old analog phone
equipment over VoIP, but the same for ISDN (prefereable Euro-ISDN, DSS1,

but
all other also ok) ?

In Germany the most poular Voip to ISDN converter is the "Fritz!Box Fon WLAN
" produced by AVM.
(www.avm.de)
If you would have a look at a german newsgroup you would see that any 2nd
treat is about this device (the call it the FBF or the FBF 7050) - see

This device is a combined DSL modem + router + wireless acces point + Voip +
ISDN/analogue phone switchbox ...
It contains 1 internal S0 bus (where you can connect your existing ISDN
switchbox, or up to 8 ISDN phones)
There are also 3 analogue phone connections, 2 network (RJ45) and 1 USB
connection for your PC's and/or LAN ..
On the incoming side you can choose between 1 analogue or 1 ISDN line
On the VOIP side you can have multiple Voip accounts.

The most common set-up for ISDN users is to connect the "FBF 7050" between
your incoming ISDN line (NTBA) and your ISDN house installation. Then you
can contuinue to use all your existing equipemnt (both analogue and ISDN)...
Depending on the numbering rules you can setup to FBF to divert calls to
VOIP or PSTN...
Incoming calls (Voip, ISDN, fax) can be flexibely redirected to internal
phones or MSN of choise

I'm living in Belgium, and closely watch the VOIP discussion on 2 worlds: UK
and Germany ... What surprises me the most is that - despite the
globalisation - it looks like 2 complete different worlds if you read de.
and uk. newsgroups....
(Only common problem is sipgate ;-)

Philippe
Belgium

Old May 30th 05, 09:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Philippe Deleye" wrote in message

[snip]

I'm living in Belgium, and closely watch the VOIP discussion on 2
worlds: UK
and Germany ... What surprises me the most is that - despite the
globalisation - it looks like 2 complete different worlds if you read
de.
and uk. newsgroups....
(Only common problem is sipgate ;-)

Now then Philippe, calm down..! Nothing wrong with Sipgate at the
moment..! Although now you've brought it up......!

Ivor

Old May 31st 05, 07:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

In article , "Philippe
Deleye" writes:

In Germany the most poular Voip to ISDN converter is the "Fritz!Box Fon WLAN
" produced by AVM.

I've ordered one of these from 1&1.

I'm living in Belgium, and closely watch the VOIP discussion on 2 worlds: UK
and Germany ... What surprises me the most is that - despite the
globalisation - it looks like 2 complete different worlds if you read de.
and uk. newsgroups....

I live in Germany and, since I am not aware of a German group, have been
following this one. What are the main differences between the UK and
Germany (apart from the prices---I'm assuming that, like everything
except wages for most people, they are higher in the UK).

Old June 17th 05, 04:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Philippe Deleye

I live in Germany and, since I am not aware of a German group, have been
following this one.

a German VOIP group is: news://de.comm.internet.telefonie

What are the main differences between the UK and
Germany (apart from the prices---I'm assuming that, like everything
except wages for most people, they are higher in the UK).

I believe the main difference could be the ADSL connection, where basically
there are 2 standards:
"ADSL over ISDN" (also "Annex B", or "U-R2"), and "ADSL over POTS" (also
"Annex A").
POTS = 'Plain Old Telephony System'

In Germany you allways need a "ADSL over ISDN" Modem, even in the case you
have a analogue T-NET subscription, where in Belgium (and I guess in the UK
also) you would need a "ADSL over POTS" Modem

see also: http://board.protecus.de/showtopic.php?threadid=7185

The Fritz!Box can be switched between Annex A and Annex B, see
http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10201

rgds
Philippe