Anonymous Callers

Old May 14th 05, 11:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave Gill

Default Anonymous Callers

On my Telewest line I have anonymous caller rejection activated, in the
hope of keeping the telesales away. It doesn't work very well nowadays
since a lot of telesales calls show "unavailable" (or even "payphone")
instead of "withheld".

My Sipura SPA-1001 appears to have a similar function (Block ANC) but I
can't get it to work. But even if it did work I'm sure that with VoIP a
better solution could be found...

So instead of blocking anonymous calls completely, is there a way to
automagically dump anonymous calls (withheld *and* unavailable) to
voicemail, either at my end using the call forwarding feature of the
Sipura, or as a service offered by one of the VoIP providers?

And at least that way genuine calls wouldn't be missed either.

Old May 14th 05, 08:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

"Dave Gill" wrote in message
On my Telewest line I have anonymous caller rejection activated, in the
hope of keeping the telesales away. It doesn't work very well nowadays
since a lot of telesales calls show "unavailable" (or even "payphone")
instead of "withheld".

My Sipura SPA-1001 appears to have a similar function (Block ANC) but I
can't get it to work. But even if it did work I'm sure that with VoIP a
better solution could be found...

So instead of blocking anonymous calls completely, is there a way to
automagically dump anonymous calls (withheld *and* unavailable) to
voicemail, either at my end using the call forwarding feature of the
Sipura, or as a service offered by one of the VoIP providers?

And at least that way genuine calls wouldn't be missed either.

Hi

I do this with my *, The Calling ID name is looked at on all calls and if
they match the ones set the call is passed to an IVR asking the caller to
press 5 if the call is personal and for us. This way we wont miss any
genuine calls and is flexable. Looking at the CDR records I can see about 4
to 5 calls a day dumped.
For any * users I am happy to pass the details of the conf file.
Ian

Old May 14th 05, 08:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The Cable Guy

Ian" spam"AT wrote:
|| "Dave Gill" wrote in message
||| On my Telewest line I have anonymous caller rejection activated, in
||| the hope of keeping the telesales away. It doesn't work very well
||| nowadays since a lot of telesales calls show "unavailable" (or even
||| "payphone") instead of "withheld".
||| My Sipura SPA-1001 appears to have a similar function (Block ANC)
||| but I can't get it to work. But even if it did work I'm sure that
||| with VoIP a better solution could be found...
||| So instead of blocking anonymous calls completely, is there a way to
||| automagically dump anonymous calls (withheld *and* unavailable) to
||| voicemail, either at my end using the call forwarding feature of the
||| Sipura, or as a service offered by one of the VoIP providers?
||| And at least that way genuine calls wouldn't be missed either.
|| Hi
|| I do this with my *, The Calling ID name is looked at on all calls
|| and if they match the ones set the call is passed to an IVR asking
|| the caller to press 5 if the call is personal and for us. This way
|| we wont miss any genuine calls and is flexable. Looking at the CDR
|| records I can see about 4 to 5 calls a day dumped.
|| For any * users I am happy to pass the details of the conf file.
|| Ian

Ian,

I would be interested in your conf file.............

I'm battling setting up *@h. Are you able to tell me where I should put the
box? I've currently got it connected to a spare port on the router.

I cannot get it to work properly, at all - I can do the local echo test but
cannot dial in or out using Sipgate (could be them at fault, I suppose)

Old May 14th 05, 10:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

"The Cable Guy" wrote in message
k...
Ian" spam"AT wrote:
|| "Dave Gill" wrote in message
||| On my Telewest line I have anonymous caller rejection activated, in
||| the hope of keeping the telesales away. It doesn't work very well
||| nowadays since a lot of telesales calls show "unavailable" (or even
||| "payphone") instead of "withheld".
||| My Sipura SPA-1001 appears to have a similar function (Block ANC)
||| but I can't get it to work. But even if it did work I'm sure that
||| with VoIP a better solution could be found...
||| So instead of blocking anonymous calls completely, is there a way to
||| automagically dump anonymous calls (withheld *and* unavailable) to
||| voicemail, either at my end using the call forwarding feature of the
||| Sipura, or as a service offered by one of the VoIP providers?
||| And at least that way genuine calls wouldn't be missed either.
|| Hi
|| I do this with my *, The Calling ID name is looked at on all calls
|| and if they match the ones set the call is passed to an IVR asking
|| the caller to press 5 if the call is personal and for us. This way
|| we wont miss any genuine calls and is flexable. Looking at the CDR
|| records I can see about 4 to 5 calls a day dumped.
|| For any * users I am happy to pass the details of the conf file.
|| Ian

Ian,

I would be interested in your conf file.............

I'm battling setting up *@h. Are you able to tell me where I should put

the
box? I've currently got it connected to a spare port on the router.

I cannot get it to work properly, at all - I can do the local echo test

but
cannot dial in or out using Sipgate (could be them at fault, I suppose)

Email me direct at ianATcyber-cottageDOTcoDOTuk for my

sipgate number or click the link

and I will go through it with you.

http://brands.xten.net/x-web/LaunchX...96.SIPSettings

Cheers Ian