sipgate - voicemail - questions

Old May 15th 05, 10:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default sipgate - voicemail - questions

I have a sipgate geographic number, 0114 xxx xxxx. It shows as my
number when i log into sipgate and I have set up my voice mail to
accept messages when the phone is offline, (I don't have an adapter
for a phone on my router just yet).
However when I dial the 0114 number I get nu tone.
Should dialing my 0114 number result in something other than nu?
Should I expect callers to be able to record to voicemail under the
given circumstances?

--
amos
Old May 15th 05, 03:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The Cable Guy

lid wrote:
| I have a sipgate geographic number, 0114 xxx xxxx. It shows as my
| number when i log into sipgate and I have set up my voice mail to
| accept messages when the phone is offline, (I don't have an adapter
| for a phone on my router just yet).
| However when I dial the 0114 number I get nu tone.
| Should dialing my 0114 number result in something other than nu?
| Should I expect callers to be able to record to voicemail under the
| given circumstances?

Sipgate seems to be having one or two difficulties at the moment.

All your expectations should be realised, however, when dealing with Sipgate
& especially their voicemail, it doesn't always work. Voicemail is in Beta
also.

I'm in the middle of setting up a voip PBX using Asterisk (*) - I can't
tell if I'm doing something wrong, or Sipgate is down. Very frustrating.

Old May 15th 05, 10:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote in message
On Sun, 15 May 2005 20:45:00 GMT, "The Cable Guy"
wrote:
Hmm. IKWYM - it is free, though.

Not if you want to make calls to BT and TW lines it isn't .

He meant *voicemail* is free g

They /do/ say it's in BETA continually.

Hadn't seen that .

:-))

Ivor

Old May 16th 05, 11:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Sun, 15 May 2005 14:42:18 GMT, "The Cable Guy"

| I have a sipgate geographic number, 0114 xxx xxxx. It shows as my
| number when i log into sipgate and I have set up my voice mail to
| accept messages when the phone is offline, (I don't have an adapter
| for a phone on my router just yet).
| However when I dial the 0114 number I get nu tone.
| Should dialing my 0114 number result in something other than nu?
| Should I expect callers to be able to record to voicemail under the
| given circumstances?

Sipgate seems to be having one or two difficulties at the moment.

All your expectations should be realised, however, when dealing with Sipgate
& especially their voicemail, it doesn't always work. Voicemail is in Beta
also.

I'm in the middle of setting up a voip PBX using Asterisk (*) - I can't
tell if I'm doing something wrong, or Sipgate is down. Very frustrating.

Tried again. this time I can leave a message, with "sipgate phone" off
line, or unanswered (now have softphone configured for sipgate).
Voicemail .wav file attached to e-mail from sipgate is received
within 2 minutes of leaving message. The recording, played with
real player, is very clear.

Just one problem though. X-lite, proxy 1, is now configured for
sipgate. The softphone handles incoming calls OK. But if the
softphone is *online* when I try to play the voice mail, with real
player, then I get a BSOD. I have'nt had BSODs for years. Merde.
8-(

--
amos
Old May 18th 05, 06:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The Cable Guy

wrote:
|| On Sun, 15 May 2005 20:45:00 GMT, "The Cable Guy"
|| wrote:
||| Hmm. IKWYM - it is free, though.
|| Not if you want to make calls to BT and TW lines it isn't .
||| They /do/ say it's in BETA continually.
|| Hadn't seen that .

Even though I meant voicemail is free, I'm sure you'd use 1899 to ring POTS
lines, wouldn't you?