SPA3000 and CLI query

Old May 16th 05, 11:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

Default SPA3000 and CLI query

All the publicity that I've seen for the 3000 says it only recognizes
Bellcore Type 1 CLI. Most Sipura paperwork including the big manual has
a copyright date of 2004 so I wonder if there has been an update to the
3000 that allows it to recognize other Caller ID and in particular the
UK BT type.

Does any-one know please?

Many thanks.

David
Old May 16th 05, 11:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"David Floyd" wrote in message
All the publicity that I've seen for the 3000 says it only recognizes
Bellcore Type 1 CLI. Most Sipura paperwork including the big manual has
a copyright date of 2004 so I wonder if there has been an update to the
3000 that allows it to recognize other Caller ID and in particular the
UK BT type.

Does any-one know please?

I've not used a 3000 but my 2000 has 8 different regional settings for
CLI - take a look in the "regional" tab in the admin config screen. Also
check on the Sipura site for the latest firmware and make sure you have
it.

In actual fact I haven't come across a phone here yet that doesn't respond
to Bellcore CLI with the sole exception of my Philips fax machine, but
that doesn't seem to respond to the UK CLI setting either..!

BTW anyone know where I can get standalone CLI displays..? I can't find
them in any of the shops any more.

Ivor

Old May 16th 05, 12:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Mon, 16 May 2005, Ivor Jones writes

"David Floyd" wrote in message
All the publicity that I've seen for the 3000 says it only recognizes
Bellcore Type 1 CLI. Most Sipura paperwork including the big manual has
a copyright date of 2004 so I wonder if there has been an update to the
3000 that allows it to recognize other Caller ID and in particular the
UK BT type.

Does any-one know please?

I've not used a 3000 but my 2000 has 8 different regional settings for
CLI - take a look in the "regional" tab in the admin config screen. Also
check on the Sipura site for the latest firmware and make sure you have
it.

You've read my query the wrong way round. You appear to be talking
about delivery of CLI. My query concerns the SPA box recognizing
incoming CLI.

And yes I have looked on the Sipura website and as I said all the
documentation has a copyright date of 2004. Which is not very
informative if there has been a hardware update that includes
recognition of other forms of CLI.

Old May 16th 05, 12:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"David Floyd" wrote in message
news
[...]

I think I read you correctly. The regional settings of the Sipura dictate
which form of CLI is passed to connected phones. Or did you mean something
else..? There should not be any problem with recognising CLI coming in
from the outside world, at least I don't have any problem on my 2000.

And yes I have looked on the Sipura website and as I said all the
documentation has a copyright date of 2004. Which is not very
informative if there has been a hardware update that includes
recognition of other forms of CLI.

This would be a firmware issue rather than hardware I would have
thought..? The latest firmware for the SPA-3000 is 2.0.13g, the same as
for my 2000 and is available he
http://www.sipura.com/support/index.htm - the notes for this are dated
2005 but no month seems to be stated. Later than the 2004 you have seen
anyway.

Hope this helps.

Ivor

Old May 16th 05, 01:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Mon, 16 May 2005, Ivor Jones writes

I think I read you correctly. The regional settings of the Sipura dictate
which form of CLI is passed to connected phones. Or did you mean something
else..? There should not be any problem with recognising CLI coming in
from the outside world, at least I don't have any problem on my 2000.

I don't think we are talking about the same thing. Your 2000 does not
have a FXO port therefore would not have any need to recognize incoming
BT CLI format. Your incoming calls are coming via your SIP provider and
would not have BT CLI format.

The FXO port on the 3000 only recognizes Bellcore Type 1 for incoming
PSTN calls according to 2004 documentation. I thought I had read
somewhere that there had been an upgrade which includes other CLI
recognition including BT.

The reason I ask is because I would like to route different incoming
PSTN calls differently according to their CLI (or lack of). But that
can't be done if the FXO port does not recognize BT type CLI.

And yes I have looked on the Sipura website and as I said all the
documentation has a copyright date of 2004. Which is not very
informative if there has been a hardware update that includes
recognition of other forms of CLI.

This would be a firmware issue rather than hardware

Yes, I typed the wrong word :-(

David
Old May 16th 05, 01:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"David Floyd" wrote in message
In message of Mon, 16 May 2005, Ivor Jones writes

I think I read you correctly. The regional settings of the Sipura
dictate
which form of CLI is passed to connected phones. Or did you mean
something
else..? There should not be any problem with recognising CLI coming in
from the outside world, at least I don't have any problem on my 2000.

I don't think we are talking about the same thing. Your 2000 does not
have a FXO port therefore would not have any need to recognize incoming
BT CLI format. Your incoming calls are coming via your SIP provider and
would not have BT CLI format.

Ah, I see what you mean. But if my incoming calls were from PSTN numbers
the CLI would be passed from the originating network, yes..?

The FXO port on the 3000 only recognizes Bellcore Type 1 for incoming
PSTN calls according to 2004 documentation. I thought I had read
somewhere that there had been an upgrade which includes other CLI
recognition including BT.

All I can suggest is try the latest firmware, if it's later than what you
already have.

Let me know how you get on..!

Ivor

Old May 16th 05, 03:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave Gill

Ivor Jones wrote:

Ah, I see what you mean. But if my incoming calls were from PSTN numbers
the CLI would be passed from the originating network, yes..?

My old GS ATA-486 has an FSO port that only passes on Bellcore type CLI.
Works fine with a dual-spec phone, but plug a BT-only type phone into it
and voila, no CLI...

It's not down to the type of incoming CLI; this seems to be one of the
areas where Telewest is using BT-type CLI (or something very close).
Take a phone off the TW line, where it quite happily shows incoming CLI,
and plug it into the ATA's FXO port and suddenly it doesn't show CLI.

And no, I don't know how or why it does it.

Old May 16th 05, 07:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Roly

David Floyd" wrote in message
All the publicity that I've seen for the 3000 says it only recognizes
Bellcore Type 1 CLI. Most Sipura paperwork including the big manual has a
copyright date of 2004 so I wonder if there has been an update to the 3000
that allows it to recognize other Caller ID and in particular the UK BT
type.

Does any-one know please?

Many thanks.

David

I can confirm that the FXO port on the Sipura 3000 will indeed work with
BT's CLID. There is a regional setting for Caller ID Method which I have set
to ETSI FSK With PR(UK). I can call my PSTN line from my mobile and the
Sipura is correctly passing the caller ID onto my * box.

There is only one regional setting that I can see - so it looks like the FXO
and FXS ports use the same setting.

Software version: 2.0.11(GWg)
Hardware version: 2.0.1(0875)

HTH

Roly.

Old May 16th 05, 08:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Mon, 16 May 2005, Roly writes
[...]

Yes, thanks.

I've just read an interesting thread on Voxilla about this. So I am
about to purchase a 3000 now.

David
Old May 16th 05, 09:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Roly" wrote in message

[snip]

I can confirm that the FXO port on the Sipura 3000 will indeed work with
BT's CLID. There is a regional setting for Caller ID Method which I have
set to ETSI FSK With PR(UK). I can call my PSTN line from my mobile and
the Sipura is correctly passing the caller ID onto my * box.

There is only one regional setting that I can see - so it looks like the
FXO and FXS ports use the same setting.

Software version: 2.0.11(GWg)
Hardware version: 2.0.1(0875)

As I said, latest firmware version is 2.0.13(g) so you might want to
install that also.

Ivor