VoiP PBX Type Question...

Old May 16th 05, 07:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Richard Moore

Default VoiP PBX Type Question...

Say you have an office with one incoming PSTN line split to multiple
analogue phones ( incoming call rings all the phones )...

You then install a VOIP router with FXO connection ( Sipura 3000 for
example ) to pipe the incoming PSTN calls onto your LAN...

What options are there for setting up a VOIP PBX so that the incoming call
can be patched through to a single phone and / or transferred to another
phone?

Have looked at Asterisk - but I don't have the time to get my head around
Linux.
The Brekeke virtual PBX looks more promising to me ( runs on Windows ).

Other than that haven't found anything that looks like it will do the job.

Anyone got any suggestions? Are there any low cost hardware VOIP PBXs
around?

Thanks in advance!

Rich

Old May 16th 05, 08:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

"Richard Moore" wrote in message
news:[email protected] eranews...
Say you have an office with one incoming PSTN line split to multiple
analogue phones ( incoming call rings all the phones )...

You then install a VOIP router with FXO connection ( Sipura 3000 for
example ) to pipe the incoming PSTN calls onto your LAN...

What options are there for setting up a VOIP PBX so that the incoming call
can be patched through to a single phone and / or transferred to another
phone?

Have looked at Asterisk - but I don't have the time to get my head around
Linux.
The Brekeke virtual PBX looks more promising to me ( runs on Windows ).

Other than that haven't found anything that looks like it will do the job.

Anyone got any suggestions? Are there any low cost hardware VOIP PBXs
around?

Without any Idea of Budget, One persons idea of low cost is anothers idea of
expensive. What sort of budget do you have in mind. Remember Software/ PC
based PBXs hardware is cheaper but implementaion costs can be higher.
Are you looking to use IP phones ? if so you wll need to Budget in 70 -
200 based on quality.
As to hardware PBXs there are loads SWYX springs to mind, Or just get an *
box built and supported for you.

Ian

Ian"at"cyber-cottage.co.uk

Old May 16th 05, 09:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Richard Moore

"Ian" spam"AT"bathfordhill.co.uk wrote in message

[...]

Like I said - asterisk isn't an option for us, more a case of refuse to get
head around Linux.

Thanks for the info on SWYX, but looks a bit overkill for a single incoming
PSTN line.

I don't really have an idea of budget as I don't know what hardware /
software is available ( hence the post ) - but in a similar bracket as the
Sipura box would be good - though not essential.