1899 Will No Longer Support 3rd party clients

Old May 17th 05, 06:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Default 1899 Will No Longer Support 3rd party clients

http://www.call1899.co.uk/voip.php

In order to save capacity for our 1899 client software users, we will
discontinue supporting other SIP/IAX devices on our network as from 20.05.2005
Please switch over to the 1899 client software before this date.

Do they mean, you will no longer be able to use other programs, or just they
will not offer help with them. Not that you ever get anything but a standard
reply from them.

Old May 17th 05, 06:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Tue, 17 May 2005, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} writes
http://www.call1899.co.uk/voip.php

In order to save capacity for our 1899 client software users, we will
discontinue supporting other SIP/IAX devices on our network as from 20.05.2005
Please switch over to the 1899 client software before this date.

Do they mean, you will no longer be able to use other programs, or just they
will not offer help with them. Not that you ever get anything but a standard
reply from them.

Can they tell what client we're using then?

DF
Old May 17th 05, 06:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave Gill

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:

Do they mean, you will no longer be able to use other programs, or just they
will not offer help with them. Not that you ever get anything but a standard
reply from them.

Dunno, but I think their pet client is IAX, so maybe they intend to pull
SIP support?

Old May 17th 05, 07:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh David Floyd:
In message of Tue, 17 May 2005, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} writes
http://www.call1899.co.uk/voip.php

In order to save capacity for our 1899 client software users, we will
discontinue supporting other SIP/IAX devices on our network as from
20.05.2005 Please switch over to the 1899 client software before
this date. Do they mean, you will no longer be able to use other programs,
or
just they will not offer help with them. Not that you ever get
anything but a standard reply from them.

Can they tell what client we're using then?

DF

That's what I was wondering. Unless they add something hidden into the login
details. Would annoy many people if you are prevented from using 3rd party
programs or VoIP hardware.

Old May 17th 05, 08:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Tue, 17 May 2005 17:21:45 +0100, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
wrote:

http://www.call1899.co.uk/voip.php

In order to save capacity for our 1899 client software users, we will
discontinue supporting other SIP/IAX devices on our network as from 20.05.2005
Please switch over to the 1899 client software before this date.

So I download the new s/w. This release installs *properly* (i.e. it
can be removed *properly*) this time.

It configures OK, (if an attempt to use an unregistered phone number
then an error message from 1899 server occurs) with either my 1899
number or my sipgate number. The hardware USB @phone interfaces
perfectly, all phone buttons do the right thing, (thats more than they
did on X-Lite).

Pick up phone, dial in my home landlinenumber, press connect. An 1899
s/w message saying "calling xxxxxxxxx" appears but no ringing heard in
handset, no ringing on landline, then after about 10 seconds an 1899
s/w message saying , "other party disconnect". Hey ho! Just like 403
errors on X-Lite then!

Bugger it back to landline phone and 18866 during daytime.

--
amos
Old May 17th 05, 08:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh lid:
wrote:

[...]

Same here, still not working on original added numbers, which includes my
landline. Yet add a new number to 1899 and it will work with them.

Old May 17th 05, 09:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sandman112

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
http://www.call1899.co.uk/voip.php

In order to save capacity for our 1899 client software users, we will
discontinue supporting other SIP/IAX devices on our network as from
20.05.2005 Please switch over to the 1899 client software before this
date.

Do they mean, you will no longer be able to use other programs, or just
they will not offer help with them. Not that you ever get anything but a
standard reply from them.

ohh well there goes another great idea ... good job i didnt go and fork out
60 quid for a Sipura ata thingy. Looks like its back to the landline for me

Old May 17th 05, 09:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Thus spaketh lid:
wrote:

[...]

Registered my sister's phone number with 1899 and configured 1899 new
s/w and X-Lite with the number. Both 1899 new s/w and X-Lite ring my
land line. Revert configurations to my sipgate (log time registered
number) and back to "other party disconnect" from 1899 new s/w and 403
errors on X-Lite.

Having now removed X-Lite from the problem I will report to 1899 that
their new s/w and my phone number(s) don't work but newly registered
ones do, contrary to what they state about voip availability on their
web site.

What will probably happen after I have reported it is that new numbers
will be stopped from working and the old numbers will still not work.

8-(

--
amos

Old May 18th 05, 07:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim Morley

"sandman112" wrote in message
. uk...
"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
http://www.call1899.co.uk/voip.php

In order to save capacity for our 1899 client software users, we will
discontinue supporting other SIP/IAX devices on our network as from
20.05.2005 Please switch over to the 1899 client software before this
date.

Do they mean, you will no longer be able to use other programs, or just
they will not offer help with them. Not that you ever get anything but a
standard reply from them.

ohh well there goes another great idea ... good job i didnt go and fork
out 60 quid for a Sipura ata thingy. Looks like its back to the landline
for me

Just what I was thinking, ie trying to get rid of the connection charge!

Old May 18th 05, 12:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
OxSc

wrote:

[...]

I have exactly the same problem, although it used to work fine for me.
It looks as though a select band of 1899 customers are no longer able to
make VOIP calls, and you and I are proud members of that band. Ho hum.