Sipgate yet again

Old May 18th 05, 07:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bacillus Cereus

Default Sipgate yet again

Sipgate number unobtainable again this morning when dialling from
Telewest, T-Mobile & Three. Getting engaged tone or "The number you have
dialled has not been recognised" :-(
Old May 18th 05, 08:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Roger

"bacillus cereus" wrote in message
k...
Sipgate number unobtainable again this morning when dialling from
Telewest, T-Mobile & Three. Getting engaged tone or "The number you have
dialled has not been recognised" :-(

same from abroad and from BT - getting a bit sick of this

Old May 18th 05, 09:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mike Fletcher

"Roger" wrote in message

"bacillus cereus" wrote in message
k...
Sipgate number unobtainable again this morning when dialling from
Telewest, T-Mobile & Three. Getting engaged tone or "The number you have
dialled has not been recognised" :-(

same from abroad and from BT - getting a bit sick of this

Working from here (Birmingham) okay on BT & T/W lines.

Old May 18th 05, 09:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
^^artnada^^

In k,
Mike Fletcher pop his head above the parapit
and spewed forth:
|| "Roger" wrote in message
||| "bacillus cereus" wrote in message
||| k...
||| same from abroad and from BT - getting a bit sick of this
|| Working from here (Birmingham) okay on BT & T/W lines.

Fine here - calling to both my sipgate numbers from mobile phone.

Old May 18th 05, 09:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"^^artnada^^" wrote in message
. uk...
In k,
Mike Fletcher pop his head above the
parapit and spewed forth:
|| "Roger" wrote in message
||| "bacillus cereus" wrote in
message
||| k...
||| same from abroad and from BT - getting a bit sick of this
|| Working from here (Birmingham) okay on BT & T/W lines.

Fine here - calling to both my sipgate numbers from mobile phone.

Ok here too. No known issues at present.

Ivor

Old May 18th 05, 10:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Roger

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"^^artnada^^" wrote in message
. uk...
In k,
Mike Fletcher pop his head above the
parapit and spewed forth:
|| "Roger" wrote in message
||| "bacillus cereus" wrote in message
||| k...
||| same from abroad and from BT - getting a bit sick of this
|| Working from here (Birmingham) okay on BT & T/W lines.

Fine here - calling to both my sipgate numbers from mobile phone.

Ok here too. No known issues at present.

Ivor

Its back here now as well - was definitely a system fault as I was either
getting number unobtainable or "it is not possible to connect this call" -
wasnt getting through to voicemail. I've asked them to tell me what they're
going to do stop this happening again but given the longest its been stable
is a week has anyone experience of a provider with better reliability?

Old May 18th 05, 12:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

"Roger" wrote in message

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"^^artnada^^" wrote in message
. uk...
In k,
Mike Fletcher pop his head above the
parapit and spewed forth:
|| "Roger" wrote in message
||| "bacillus cereus" wrote in

message
||| k...

you
have
||| same from abroad and from BT - getting a bit sick of this
|| Working from here (Birmingham) okay on BT & T/W lines.

Fine here - calling to both my sipgate numbers from mobile phone.

Ok here too. No known issues at present.

Ivor

Its back here now as well - was definitely a system fault as I was either
getting number unobtainable or "it is not possible to connect this call" -
wasnt getting through to voicemail. I've asked them to tell me what

they're
going to do stop this happening again but given the longest its been

stable
is a week has anyone experience of a provider with better reliability?

FWIW I have used voiptalk.org for nearly 12 months now for all my incoming
and outgoing for Business use, about 20 - 30 calls a day. The only faults in
that time was one gateway outage causing about 30 mins disruption and one
CLi problem which was fixed in 20 mins.
The service does cost, But you get what you pay for.

Ian

Old May 18th 05, 12:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris Blunt

On Wed, 18 May 2005 11:43:42 +0100, wrote:

On Wed, 18 May 2005 10:15:34 +0100, "Roger"
wrote:

Its back here now as well - was definitely a system fault as I was either
getting number unobtainable or "it is not possible to connect this call" -
wasnt getting through to voicemail. I've asked them to tell me what they're
going to do stop this happening again but given the longest its been stable
is a week has anyone experience of a provider with better reliability?

I have been with Voipphone nearly the same lenght of time I have been
with Sipgate and so far there have been no problems it is only Sipgate
that is mentioned anywhere regarding continual problems .
It is good people saying Sipgate is free it isn't free at all if you
want to make a call to a Telewest or BT number you have to pay
and it is long passed the time when Sipgate should either get it right
once and for all or called it a day and buggered off back to the
Fatherland then we would all know where we where at .
On the other hand no matter what Ivor or anyone else thinks I am more
or less convinced BT has got something to do with all these problems .

Its difficult to know for sure, but why would BT be obstructing
Sipgate alone, rather than any of the many other VoIP providers in the
UK?

I tend to think it just comes down to poor management of their UK
network. They are apparently trying to manage everything remotely from
Germany, and that strategy is not working effectively.

Chris

Old May 18th 05, 05:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bacillus Cereus

Mike Fletcher wrote:
"Roger" wrote in message

"bacillus cereus" wrote in message
.uk...

Sipgate number unobtainable again this morning when dialling from
Telewest, T-Mobile & Three. Getting engaged tone or "The number you have
dialled has not been recognised" :-(

same from abroad and from BT - getting a bit sick of this

Working from here (Birmingham) okay on BT & T/W lines.

service came back on around 8.45am