Enjoy Low cost high quality long distance Internet Phone calls that make sense

Old May 18th 05, 11:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
John

Default Enjoy Low cost high quality long distance Internet Phone calls that make sense

www.gateway2call.com PC-to-phone and broadband phone services enable you
to make and receive worldwide calls with incredibly low rates. Anyone
with a broadband (high-speed) internet access can use their PC, regular
phone
or cordless phone to make unlimited calls from anywhere to anywhere in
the U.S. , Canada, & up to 36 countries for one low monthly rate. The
Pay-as-you-go's call plans will meet users who prefer to go for the low
per minute International toll rates when needs arise. Manage your account
online,
Our voicemail will auto forward voicemail to your email as an attachment
when you are not available, forward call to any phone and more. Talk
smart with clear connections for a fraction of the cost of regular long
distance phone calls.

Tired of using headphones and a computer! Just pick up a normal
touch-tone phone or cordless phone, dial a phone number and start
talking! Our broadband phones use the latest technology to send your
calls over the Internet to bring you the greatest features, save you
money and still give you stable, reliable phone service! Our call
servers support most Gateway systems and phone adaptors.

Gateway2call offers home and business plans to meet all your needs.
Several plans include unlimited calling within the US and Canada. You
may choose a monthly plan that comes with free Incoming phone number or
a 800 number so you are always get connected any time anywhere from any
regular phone or mobile.

Please visit www.gateway2call.com for more exciting features and call
plans, one will suit your personal or business needs.

Old May 18th 05, 01:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Lee

"John" wrote in message
www.gateway2call.com PC-to-phone and broadband phone services enable you
to make and receive worldwide calls with incredibly low rates. Anyone
with a broadband (high-speed) internet access can use their PC, regular
phone....

Isn't it common courtesy to prefix the subject line with "ADV:" or somesuch
for explicitly commercial postings? I don't see that this post starts a
conversation that can be replied to.... damn, I just did!

Old May 18th 05, 05:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Lee" wrote in message

"John" wrote in message
www.gateway2call.com PC-to-phone and broadband phone services enable
you
to make and receive worldwide calls with incredibly low rates. Anyone
with a broadband (high-speed) internet access can use their PC, regular
phone....

Isn't it common courtesy to prefix the subject line with "ADV:" or
somesuch for explicitly commercial postings? I don't see that this post
starts a conversation that can be replied to.... damn, I just did!

Indeed. Please read the charter for this group.

Ivor

Old May 21st 05, 12:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
digit

"John" wrote in :

[...]

I think that the above borders on spam. However, its nice to see that
you have found a Virtual Telco that you like. For a very cool option you
should look at www.voipfone.co.uk who are offering mobile callback which
means you ring a number that is "busy" (so no cost) that number
recognises your mobile number and calls you back with a dialtone then
voilla anywhere in the world on a mobile at a LOW cost....
Old May 21st 05, 12:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

Default Charter: uk.telecom.voip (was Enjoy Low cost blah de blah)

Lee wrote:
"John" wrote in message
www.gateway2call.com PC-to-phone and broadband phone services
enable you to make and receive worldwide calls with incredibly low
rates. Anyone with a broadband (high-speed) internet access can
use their PC, regular phone....

Isn't it common courtesy to prefix the subject line with "ADV:" or
somesuch for explicitly commercial postings? I don't see that this
post starts a conversation that can be replied to.... damn, I just
did!

I tihnk it's about time I re-posted the group charter.

CHARTER: uk.telecom.voip

This group is for the discussion of topics relevant to:

[1] Packet based voice and associated technologies including but not
limited to Voice over IP (VoIP), Fax over IP (FoIP), Voice over Frame
Relay (VoFR), Voice over Broadband (VoB) and Voice on the Net (VoN).

[2] Service providers for the above.

[3] Hardware and software available for use with packet based voice
and associated technology.

Advertising is forbidden.

Encoded binaries (e.g. pictures, compressed files, etc.) are forbidden.
Such material belongs on a web or FTP site to which a pointer may be
posted. Cryptographic signatures (e.g. PGP) may be used where
authentication is important and should be as short as possible.

Posts must be readable as plain text. HTML, RTF and similarly formatted
messages are prohibited. To see how to make some common newsreaders comply
with this, read http://www.usenet.org.uk/ukpost.html.

Pointers to commercial or other web sites in signatures are permitted
provided the message is on-topic. All signatures should be 4 lines or
fewer and preceded by the customary usenet separator "-- " (dash, dash,
space) on a line of its own.

--
Ivor

Old May 21st 05, 10:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Fri, 20 May 2005 23:12:37 GMT, digit wrote:
I think that the above borders on spam. However, its nice to see that
you have found a Virtual Telco that you like. For a very cool option you
should look at www.voipfone.co.uk who are offering mobile callback which
means you ring a number that is "busy" (so no cost) that number
recognises your mobile number and calls you back with a dialtone then
voilla anywhere in the world on a mobile at a LOW cost....

Shame on them. How about this gem from their website:

"We are pleased to announce the launch of our new 056 number range and
also 0208 outer London Numbers as well as 0870 & 0845 numbers".

--
amos

Old May 31st 05, 03:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin Foster

On the 20.05.05 at 23:12, digit wrote:

[..]
I think that the above borders on spam. However, its nice to see that
you have found a Virtual Telco that you like. For a very cool option you
should look at www.voipfone.co.uk who are offering mobile callback which
means you ring a number that is "busy" (so no cost) that number
recognises your mobile number and calls you back with a dialtone then
voilla anywhere in the world on a mobile at a LOW cost....

Having just read what it says about this on their Web site, I'm not too
sure exactly what they mean:

---------- 8 ----------
The cost of calling 0208 819 81 81 is FREE because we don't answer it, we
simple identify the number you are calling from and return your call at
our advertised rate for that destination. You will be charged for both
legs of the call, in other words you will pay for the cost of the call
from our network to your mobile number as well as the cost of the call to
the person you wish to speak with.
---------- 8 ----------

A bit ambiguous in my opinion.

--
Martin
Old June 1st 05, 03:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mathew Curtis

Martin Foster wrote:
[...]

I use it and it works very well and saves me a buck or two they have
just put up a new page with some more info
http://www.voipfone.co.uk/PB_Free_Access_Call_Back.php

Mat