1899 & 18866 VOIP calls are no more!!

Old May 20th 05, 01:05 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
sandman112

Default 1899 & 18866 VOIP calls are no more!!

wrote in message
On Thu, 19 May 2005 22:52:21 GMT, "sandman112"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 19 May 2005 22:04:38 +0100, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
wrote:

Thus spaketh :
"In order to save capacity for our 1899 client software users, we will
discontinue supporting other SIP/IAX devices on our network as from
20.05.2005 Please switch over to the 1899 client software before this
date."

Any alternatives that are either very cheap or very free??

I reported this a few days on uk.telecom.voip .

Still not sure whether 1899 will prevent access other than via their own
software or will just not offer help.

I'm still able to use 3rd party software at the moment, though there is
still
one day left, maybe those with hardware like Ivor will be able to let us
know
whether they can no longer use hardware to connect to the 1899 service.

Just tried ours now and instead of getting the ZERO pence pr minute I
got ONE PENCE PR MINUTE stuff em .

yip just tried my 1899 on xten lite and same results, 1P PER MINUTE

sux, im off to cancel

I am presuming 18866 are still only charging just the 2p connection
fee .

it seems not, theres a post about 8 posts below this one (on
uk.telecom.voip) about 18866, goes like this

(17.05.2005) 18866 Voip Calls discontinued as from 20.05.2005
As from 20.05.2005 Call18866 will stop supporting SIP/IAX devices for
making Voip calls.

Old May 20th 05, 08:22 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
^^artnada^^

In . uk,
^^artnada^^ pop his head above the parapit and
spewed forth:
|| In ,
|| {{{{{Welcome}}}}} pop his head above the parapit and
|| spewed forth:
|| UK Mobileshae gone up by 1p too. Was 2p/pm now 3p/pm

Also getting the 1p/p from thier software too on voip.

Barstewards. Not even an email to tell you. Now that is not nice.

Old May 21st 05, 02:37 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
Victor Delta

wrote in message
On Fri, 20 May 2005 06:22:06 GMT, "^^artnada^^"
wrote:
Barstewards. Not even an email to tell you. Now that is not nice.

All references to 1899 and 18866 have now been completely removed from
all our computers ATA's and phones their company they can do and
charge exactly what they want with their service and pricing structure
and we in return can walk away if we want and I have .

Have I missed something here? Sure, there have been some price adjustments
in recent weeks/months but they still represent excellent value, don't they?

A few knees jerking prematurely perhaps?

Old May 21st 05, 02:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom
Bob Eager

wrote:
Barstewards. Not even an email to tell you. Now that is not nice.

All references to 1899 and 18866 have now been completely removed from
all our computers ATA's and phones their company they can do and
charge exactly what they want with their service and pricing structure
and we in return can walk away if we want and I have .

Have I missed something here? Sure, there have been some price adjustments
in recent weeks/months but they still represent excellent value, don't they?

No, it's just dexter. He's the archetypal Grumpy Old (unpunctuated) Man.

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...take up Extreme Ironing!