1899ViOP and 18866VoIP re-instated for non-softphones

Old May 20th 05, 11:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

Default 1899ViOP and 18866VoIP re-instated for non-softphones

Just noticed this on 1899 site:

"
Good news for our SIP/IAX (and Macintosh) users! We have managed to
increase our capacity. Therefore (and in contrary to earlier notices) we
will be able to support VoIP calls via alternative SIP/IAX clients.
Click here for installation instructions.
"

Also 18866 site now says "Prolonged!"

DF
Old May 20th 05, 11:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh David Floyd:
Just noticed this on 1899 site:

"
Good news for our SIP/IAX (and Macintosh) users! We have managed to
increase our capacity. Therefore (and in contrary to earlier notices)
we will be able to support VoIP calls via alternative SIP/IAX clients.
Click here for installation instructions.
"

Also 18866 site now says "Prolonged!"

DF

Maybe they listened to complaints, I know I emailed them to say they have made
a mistake to stop access with other software / devices.

Old May 20th 05, 12:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Fri, 20 May 2005, writes
On Fri, 20 May 2005 11:14:19 +0100, David Floyd
wrote:

Just noticed this on 1899 site:

"
Good news for our SIP/IAX (and Macintosh) users! We have managed to
increase our capacity. Therefore (and in contrary to earlier notices) we
will be able to support VoIP calls via alternative SIP/IAX clients.
Click here for installation instructions.
"

Also 18866 site now says "Prolonged!"

DF

Where on the 1899 site is this David just been on and cannot find this
statement .

In the same place that they said that they were withdrawing the service.
The paragraph has been replaced with the above paragraph this morning,
see:
https://www.call1899.co.uk/voip.php
Old May 20th 05, 12:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Fri, 20 May 2005, writes

wrote:

Just noticed this on 1899 site:

"
Good news for our SIP/IAX (and Macintosh) users! We have managed to
increase our capacity. Therefore (and in contrary to earlier notices) we
will be able to support VoIP calls via alternative SIP/IAX clients.
Click here for installation instructions.
"

Also 18866 site now says "Prolonged!"

DF
Where on the 1899 site is this David just been on and cannot find this
statement .

In the same place that they said that they were withdrawing the service.
The paragraph has been replaced with the above paragraph this morning,
see:
https://www.call1899.co.uk/voip.php

Has the pricing announcement now reverted back to 0p pr minute again .

Don't know - can't make connection this morning on my ATA-486 although I
can connect to JD and Sipgate. I am still playing with settings.

David
Old May 20th 05, 02:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim Morley

wrote:

Just noticed this on 1899 site:

"
Good news for our SIP/IAX (and Macintosh) users! We have managed to
increase our capacity. Therefore (and in contrary to earlier notices) we
will be able to support VoIP calls via alternative SIP/IAX clients.
Click here for installation instructions.
"

Also 18866 site now says "Prolonged!"

DF
Where on the 1899 site is this David just been on and cannot find this
statement .

In the same place that they said that they were withdrawing the service.
The paragraph has been replaced with the above paragraph this morning,
see:
https://www.call1899.co.uk/voip.php

Has the pricing announcement now reverted back to 0p pr minute again .

Look at the VOIP Price list:

"This is the extra low 1899-voip rate list, with special discounts, free
destinations and NO connection fees. To benefit from these special prices,
you must call via the 1899 Voip application "

This does not look promising

Old May 20th 05, 03:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Fri, 20 May 2005 13:20:27 GMT, "Tim Morley" tim.morley*REMOVE
wrote:

Look at the VOIP Price list:
"This is the extra low 1899-voip rate list, with special discounts, free
destinations and NO connection fees. To benefit from these special prices,
you must call via the 1899 Voip application "

Hmm. BT landline calls 1899 calls to Canada (fixed & mobile) 0.5p,
voip calls to Canada (fixed & mobile) 1p. To USA via BT landline 0.5p
(fixed line) 3p (mobiles tee hee hee), voip 1p (fixed line) and 3p
(mobile, yet again).

It looks like they've lost the plot somewhere.

--
amos
Old May 20th 05, 04:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Roly

wrote:
"This is the extra low 1899-voip rate list, with special discounts, free
destinations and NO connection fees. To benefit from these special prices,
you must call via the 1899 Voip application "

This does not look promising

Has I thought Tim the announcement using anything other than their
software says 1p per minute.

Yeah I've tried calling a geographic number via IAX2 from Asterisk and get
an announcement saying 1p per minute. Couldn't last forever I suppose! :-(

Roly.

Old May 20th 05, 04:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

wrote:

Look at the VOIP Price list:
"This is the extra low 1899-voip rate list, with special discounts, free
destinations and NO connection fees. To benefit from these special prices,
you must call via the 1899 Voip application "

Hmm. BT landline calls 1899 calls to Canada (fixed & mobile) 0.5p,
voip calls to Canada (fixed & mobile) 1p. To USA via BT landline 0.5p
(fixed line) 3p (mobiles tee hee hee), voip 1p (fixed line) and 3p
(mobile, yet again).

It looks like they've lost the plot somewhere.

They have had it now it seems they just cannot make there minds up
what they are doing or charging .I have just updated my Just Dial
account to JD max which gives me free calls of up to 75 minutes 24/7.
For the benefit of David Floyd again I have had it confirmed by JD
customer service that the 75 minutes means 75 MINUTES PR CALL
I did point out to the guy that the statement regarding the 75 minutes
was rather ambiguous and he said he would take steps to make this more
clear .

Thanks again for that information. It's not worth me upgrading as I
wouldn't use 5 of daytime UK calls. But the 75mins per offpeak and
w/end calls and a reliable voicemail and the ability to redirect calls
is worth 1.99 per month after the problems with sipgate.

David