Incorrect time & date on Sipgate

Old May 20th 05, 05:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bacillus Cereus

Default Incorrect time & date on Sipgate

Incoming call on Sipgate line at 5.20pm today has Caller ID showing
midday on the 2nd January. Rebooted Grandstream, made no difference.
Old May 20th 05, 08:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

bacillus cereus wrote:
Incoming call on Sipgate line at 5.20pm today has Caller ID showing
midday on the 2nd January. Rebooted Grandstream, made no difference.

Time is correct on my Sipura 2000. Is your PC time synchronised to an ntp
server..? If so is that correct..?

Ivor

Old May 20th 05, 08:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bacillus Cereus

Ivor Jones wrote:
bacillus cereus wrote:

Incoming call on Sipgate line at 5.20pm today has Caller ID showing
midday on the 2nd January. Rebooted Grandstream, made no difference.

Time is correct on my Sipura 2000. Is your PC time synchronised to an ntp
server..? If so is that correct..?

Ivor

pc is synchronised with time.windows.com, currently up to date and
correct. Caller ID still showing 2nd Jan, 3.23pm
Old May 20th 05, 11:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bacillus Cereus

pc is synchronised with time.windows.com, currently up to date and
correct. Caller ID still showing 2nd Jan, 3.23pm

every time I reboot the Grandstream it goes back to 12.00am, 2nd
January. Could it be a problem with the NTP server specified in the
Sipgate settings?
Old May 20th 05, 11:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

bacillus cereus wrote:
pc is synchronised with time.windows.com, currently up to date and
correct. Caller ID still showing 2nd Jan, 3.23pm

every time I reboot the Grandstream it goes back to 12.00am, 2nd
January. Could it be a problem with the NTP server specified in the
Sipgate settings?

It might be, try setting it to an ntp server you know works.

Ivor

Old May 21st 05, 07:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bacillus Cereus

Ivor Jones wrote:

It might be, try setting it to an ntp server you know works.

Ivor

when I did the firmware update last week the ntp server changed to
time.nist.gov which worked fine until yesterday. Just changed the server
back to ntp.sipgate.net and the time and date are now correct.