Any [email protected] experts in?

Old May 20th 05, 10:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The Cable Guy

Default Any [email protected] experts in?

I've spent a number of days setting up the server - got it working just the
way I want it.

Then the blooming Hard Drive packed in.

My question - how do I copy the backup files of my working set-up to a new
installation of *@h ?

Old May 21st 05, 09:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

"The Cable Guy" wrote in message
news
I've spent a number of days setting up the server - got it working just

the
way I want it.

Then the blooming Hard Drive packed in.

My question - how do I copy the backup files of my working set-up to a new
installation of *@h ?

In theory if *@H has the same file structure as normal * then all the conf
files are in /etc/asterisk directory except the zaptel.conf which should be
in /etc and if it uses the internal database then its
/var/lib/asterisk/astdb and that can be copied as well. If its using mysql
you will have to copy that as well , also it may be worth checking the
cronjobs thats running as well. Should keep you busy for a coulple of hours
tops

God luck

Ian

Old May 21st 05, 09:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The Cable Guy

"Ian" spam"AT"bathfordhill.co.uk wrote in message

[...]

More than a couple of hours, I fear......

The annoying thing is, in AMP, there is a "backup" facility. This, I ran
before swapping drives.

I fully expected to find a "restore from backup" facility. Alas, no.

Thanks for your reply..

Old May 21st 05, 09:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

[...]

What type of file did it create ? it may be that you need unpack it and it
will put the files in the correct location. feel free to call sipgate
(5808154) or email direct ianATcyber-cottaged0TcoDoTuk

Ian

Old May 21st 05, 10:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Steve

[...]

If you saved the backup file to a second pc you should be ok. Reload
asterisk, then from the second pc connect to your * and copy the
asteriskathome_backup.tar.gz file back to /var/www/html/maint/backup
overwriting the one already there. Then login as root and cd to that
directory, then run restore-aah. This will restore your backup. You might
have to set the IP address in your * first, as well as changing your root
password and set the local time zone. It'll take all of 5 minutes once * is
reloaded.

regards,

Steve

Old May 21st 05, 05:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The Cable Guy

"Steve" wrote in message
"The Cable Guy" wrote in message
news

"Ian" spam"AT"bathfordhill.co.uk wrote in message

"The Cable Guy" wrote in message
news I've spent a number of days setting up the server - got it working just
[...]

Hello & thanks for your reply.

Yes the backup is saved to a second PC.......................how on earth do
I copy it back to the *@h box?

Old May 21st 05, 05:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The Cable Guy

[...]

Thank you Ian, I may just take you up on your offer.

Old May 21st 05, 07:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

"The Cable Guy" wrote in message
. uk...

"Steve" wrote in message
[...]

Hi. USB stick or ftp should be the best bet.
does the machine its on have a ftp server? or does *@h install one ?
or even burn it to cd and mount that on the other machine.

Ian

Old May 21st 05, 08:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Steve

Hello & thanks for your reply.

Yes the backup is saved to a second PC.......................how on earth
do I copy it back to the *@h box?

If the asterisk and your second pc are networked something like winSCP3
would be easy, get hold of a copy and connect to your * box, it's a bit like
windows explorer so you can copy the file from your pc in explorer, goto
winSCP3 on your pc, connect to your * and paste the backup in the right
folder, get a copy of putty too, with this you can run a terminal window to
your * server on your second pc, use this to login as root, cd to the
directory where the backup is and run restore-aah.

regards,

Steve

Old May 21st 05, 09:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The Cable Guy

"Steve" wrote in message

Hello & thanks for your reply.

Yes the backup is saved to a second PC.......................how on earth
do I copy it back to the *@h box?

If the asterisk and your second pc are networked something like winSCP3
would be easy, get hold of a copy and connect to your * box, it's a bit
like windows explorer so you can copy the file from your pc in explorer,
goto winSCP3 on your pc, connect to your * and paste the backup in the
right folder, get a copy of putty too, with this you can run a terminal
window to your * server on your second pc, use this to login as root, cd
to the directory where the backup is and run restore-aah.

regards,

Steve

Thanks - I had tried that yesterday but had no idea where to put it.

Your previous sorted it, so thanks for that.

All back to normal now.

Wish you lived next door!