Sipgate VOIP caller ID

Old May 22nd 05, 11:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
John Ryger Smith

Default Sipgate VOIP caller ID

Hello

I have a BT inspiration telephone system and a Draytek 2600vg router.

I have 4 ports on my BT inspiration system, 2 wired to two normal bt phone
lines and the other 2 wired to the two analogue ports on my Draytek.

When I pick up line 3 or 4 it dials out with the CLI of my Sipgate number no
problems (when sipgate is working that is)!

Unfortunatly, when people dial my 01 sipgate number the cli doesnt come up
like on my normal BT lines (1&2).

When someone dials my sipgate number both line 3 and line 4 ring.

Is there any hardware that will pickup the CLI and pass it to my BT
inspiration, or is it a problem with sipgate?

I dont want to use the sipgate numer without the CLI.

Regards

John

Old May 22nd 05, 02:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The Cable Guy

"John Ryger Smith" wrote in message
Hello

I have a BT inspiration telephone system and a Draytek 2600vg router.

I have 4 ports on my BT inspiration system, 2 wired to two normal bt phone
lines and the other 2 wired to the two analogue ports on my Draytek.

When I pick up line 3 or 4 it dials out with the CLI of my Sipgate number
no problems (when sipgate is working that is)!

Unfortunatly, when people dial my 01 sipgate number the cli doesnt come up
like on my normal BT lines (1&2).

When someone dials my sipgate number both line 3 and line 4 ring.

Is there any hardware that will pickup the CLI and pass it to my BT
inspiration, or is it a problem with sipgate?

I dont want to use the sipgate numer without the CLI.

Regards

John

Not being familiar with your hardware, i hope you don't think this a
pointless reply............

Sipgate's CLID works fine here - I have a standalone CID unit (BT30?)
plugged into the port of my Sipura SPA2100. There are a number of settings
within the SPA2100 for tweaking CLID.

Old May 22nd 05, 03:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

"John Ryger Smith" wrote in message
Hello

I have a BT inspiration telephone system and a Draytek 2600vg router.

I have 4 ports on my BT inspiration system, 2 wired to two normal bt phone
lines and the other 2 wired to the two analogue ports on my Draytek.

When I pick up line 3 or 4 it dials out with the CLI of my Sipgate number

no
problems (when sipgate is working that is)!

Unfortunatly, when people dial my 01 sipgate number the cli doesnt come up
like on my normal BT lines (1&2).

When someone dials my sipgate number both line 3 and line 4 ring.

Is there any hardware that will pickup the CLI and pass it to my BT
inspiration, or is it a problem with sipgate?

I dont want to use the sipgate numer without the CLI.

Hi
You will need to adjust the Draytek so it present the CLI using the UK
protocol, I expect its using Bellcore. Or adjust the BT switch to accept
Bellcore.
Ian