Broadband telephony gets a boost

Old May 23rd 05, 01:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
JPG

Default Broadband telephony gets a boost

Old May 23rd 05, 03:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

JPG wrote:

Well, I suppose it will appeal to some - but for a tenner a month I can make
500 calls to geographic numbers on my BT line using 18866 - far more than I
actually ever make. And, unless you're in a cable area - which I'm not - you
can't get rid of your BT line if you want broadband, even if you never use
it for voice calls.
--
Cheers,
Tim

Old May 23rd 05, 07:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

Tiscali Tim wrote:
JPG wrote:

Well, I suppose it will appeal to some - but for a tenner a month I
can make 500 calls to geographic numbers on my BT line using 18866
- far more than I actually ever make. And, unless you're in a cable
area - which I'm not - you can't get rid of your BT line if you
want broadband, even if you never use it for voice calls.

Precisely. Which is why I'm sticking with Sipgate, despite their recent
problems. At least they are free of monthly charges.

Ivor

Old May 25th 05, 10:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
Mathew Curtis

Ivor Jones wrote:
Tiscali Tim wrote:
JPG wrote:

Well, I suppose it will appeal to some - but for a tenner a month I
can make 500 calls to geographic numbers on my BT line using 18866
- far more than I actually ever make. And, unless you're in a cable
area - which I'm not - you can't get rid of your BT line if you
want broadband, even if you never use it for voice calls.

Precisely. Which is why I'm sticking with Sipgate, despite their recent
problems. At least they are free of monthly charges.

Ivor

I spotted this on voipfones website today
http://www.voipfone.co.uk/Package_Builder.php

Mat

Old May 25th 05, 10:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

Mathew Curtis wrote:

[snip]

I spotted this on voipfones website today
http://www.voipfone.co.uk/Package_Builder.php

Still a monthly charge though.

Ivor

Old May 25th 05, 11:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
Mathew Curtis

Ivor Jones wrote:
Mathew Curtis wrote:

[snip]

I spotted this on voipfones website today
http://www.voipfone.co.uk/Package_Builder.php

Still a monthly charge though.

Ivor

thats true but it sounds like a bloody good deal to me

Mat

Old May 25th 05, 11:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

Mathew Curtis wrote:
Ivor Jones wrote:
Mathew Curtis wrote:

[snip]

I spotted this on voipfones website today
http://www.voipfone.co.uk/Package_Builder.php

Still a monthly charge though.

Ivor

thats true but it sounds like a bloody good deal to me

Mat

No monthly charge is a better one g

Ivor

Old May 25th 05, 11:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
Mathew Curtis

Ivor Jones wrote:
Mathew Curtis wrote:
Ivor Jones wrote:
Mathew Curtis wrote:

[snip]

I spotted this on voipfones website today
http://www.voipfone.co.uk/Package_Builder.php

Still a monthly charge though.

Ivor

thats true but it sounds like a bloody good deal to me

Mat

No monthly charge is a better one g

Ivor

well you know what thay say you get what you pay for :-)

Mat

Old May 26th 05, 12:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

Mathew Curtis wrote:
Ivor Jones wrote:
Mathew Curtis wrote:
Ivor Jones wrote:
Mathew Curtis wrote:

[snip]

I spotted this on voipfones website today
http://www.voipfone.co.uk/Package_Builder.php

Still a monthly charge though.

Ivor

thats true but it sounds like a bloody good deal to me

Mat

No monthly charge is a better one g

Ivor

well you know what thay say you get what you pay for :-)

Mat

I get 2 phone lines with excellent call quality and reasonable charges
when I do call out to the PSTN. Yes there have been more than a few
problems with Sipgate, but they *will* be sorted out sooner or later and I
still won't have to pay a monthly charge.

Ivor

Old May 26th 05, 12:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
Mathew Curtis

Ivor Jones wrote:
Mathew Curtis wrote:
Ivor Jones wrote:
Mathew Curtis wrote:
Ivor Jones wrote:
Mathew Curtis wrote:

[snip]

I spotted this on voipfones website today
http://www.voipfone.co.uk/Package_Builder.php

Still a monthly charge though.

Ivor

thats true but it sounds like a bloody good deal to me

Mat

No monthly charge is a better one g

Ivor

well you know what thay say you get what you pay for :-)

Mat

I get 2 phone lines with excellent call quality and reasonable charges
when I do call out to the PSTN. Yes there have been more than a few
problems with Sipgate, but they *will* be sorted out sooner or later and I
still won't have to pay a monthly charge.

Ivor

My personal experience with sipgate and a few other providers has not
been good and thats the only reason I moved to Voipfone.

Since moving I have not had one single problem everything works
perfectly for me exactly as my BT line used to but with out the costs.

We have to remember that no internet phone service is going to be error
free and like traditional providers they are going to have problems so
yes sipgate will solve the problems but the question is when?

Mat