[email protected] AMP & Sendmail

Old May 26th 05, 12:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The Cable Guy

Default [email protected] AMP & Sendmail

Does anyone have any simple explanation of how to get the [email protected] server to send
email notification of voicemail?

............or step by step instructions for installing Perl, so that I can
install Webmin?

TIA.

Old May 26th 05, 01:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

"The Cable Guy" wrote in message
k...
Does anyone have any simple explanation of how to get the [email protected] server to

send
email notification of voicemail?

Well I dont know how *@h does it but Asterisk just uses the internal mail
server of the Linux box, so does *@h install a mail server ? easy test is to
type " mail email address " and see if that gets delivered make sure
thats working correctly then all should work OK, I know on my server I had
to do a bit of editing to get it correct. Then all you need to do is add the
users email address to the users entry into voicemail.conf.

...........or step by step instructions for installing Perl, so that I can
install Webmin?

I dont think there is a webmin plugin for asterisk that works for free. But
for other tasks Webmin is Ok, But slower than using the command line.

Could it be time to install a full linux install and asterisk from source
;-) ?

Ian

Old May 26th 05, 01:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The Cable Guy

"Ian" spam"AT"bathfordhill.co.uk wrote in message

[...]

Hello Ian,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, Sendmail is installed, however, I have no idea how to make it /send/
mail.

Where do I put SMTP details etc.?

Webmin is supposedly capable of making the setup really easiy -
unfortunately, the instructions say that Perl must be installed.

From the CLI how do I
a) check whether Perl is installed?
b) install Perl?

Not sure a full linix install & asterisk form source would be good for me at
the moment!

Old May 26th 05, 02:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

snip
Thank you for your reply.

Yes, Sendmail is installed, however, I have no idea how to make it /send/
mail.

Where do I put SMTP details etc.?

You dont realy, You are the smtp server so so long as the * has access to a
DNS server it will deliver the message to the user.

what happens if you type mail at the command line?

Webmin is supposedly capable of making the setup really easiy -
unfortunately, the instructions say that Perl must be installed.

From the CLI how do I
a) check whether Perl is installed?

pkginfo (if its there) or rpm -q or what ever the debian comand may be.
b) install Perl?

What version of lnux does *@h install ? is it knoppix ? or DSL, or another
debian distro?

Old May 26th 05, 03:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The Cable Guy

"Ian" spam"AT"bathfordhill.co.uk wrote in message

Where do I put SMTP details etc.?

You dont realy, You are the smtp server so so long as the * has access to
DNS server it will deliver the message to the user.

? Do you mean it should just send to any email address, without any details,
except the recipient's address? All my users are outside the LAN, so to
speak, using POP.

what happens if you type mail at the command line?

Don't know. I'll have to wait until I get home.

What version of lnux does *@h install ? is it knoppix ? or DSL, or another
debian distro?

Does Cent-OS mean anything? When I installed a modem, the "Red Hat Found New
Hardware" control appeared.

Thanks for your patience.

Old May 26th 05, 03:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

"The Cable Guy" wrote in message
. uk...

"Ian" spam"AT"bathfordhill.co.uk wrote in message

Where do I put SMTP details etc.?

You dont realy, You are the smtp server so so long as the * has access

DNS server it will deliver the message to the user.

? Do you mean it should just send to any email address, without any

details,
except the recipient's address? All my users are outside the LAN, so to
speak, using POP.

Yes, So will got to and ian would go to
[email protected]_myserver_domian_is .

what happens if you type mail at the command line?

Don't know. I'll have to wait until I get home.

What version of lnux does *@h install ? is it knoppix ? or DSL, or

another
debian distro?

Does Cent-OS mean anything? When I installed a modem, the "Red Hat Found

New
Hardware" control appeared.

Yep so type rpm -q perl and hopefully it will return what version is
installed or tell you its not installed..

Thanks for your patience.

No worries, It beats thinking about remote snmp alarm delivery, :-( and
finding why suppliers havent delivered parts I need to ship an order :-(

Ian

Old May 26th 05, 05:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The Cable Guy

[...]

Hello again Ian,

Assuming when I type rpm -q perl the reply is that I haven't got Perl, how
do I install it?

I've downladed the perl.tar.gz, I know how to copy it to the [email protected]
box.............

where should I copy it to & how do I execute it?

:-)

Old May 26th 05, 06:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

[...]

If its based on centos, can you start X up ? if so you should get a RPM pkg
manager. I am supprised that perl is not loaded. I assume appache is ?

What do get if get if you browse
https://yourip:10000 ?

Old May 26th 05, 07:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Roly

"The Cable Guy" wrote in message
k...
Does anyone have any simple explanation of how to get the [email protected] server to
send email notification of voicemail?

...........or step by step instructions for installing Perl, so that I can
install Webmin?

TIA.

Hi,

Doesn't help much but without any extra config the voicemail sends me email
notifications with attachments. All I have set is an email address in the
voicemail section of the extension setup page. I'm using *@H version 0.8 .
Is it possible that a firewall is blocking the traffic?

Roly.

Old May 26th 05, 07:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Steve

"The Cable Guy" wrote in message
k...
Does anyone have any simple explanation of how to get the [email protected] server to
send email notification of voicemail?

...........or step by step instructions for installing Perl, so that I can
install Webmin?

TIA.

Installing webmin is pretty easy, download it (something like
webmin-1.180-1.noarch.rpm) and copy to your asterisk server, maybe to /tmp.
cd to /tmp then type rpm -U webmin-1.180-1.noarch.rpm. The CentOS will be
seen as Redhat Linux 3.0ES, login at http://your*ipaddress:10000.

regards,

Steve