Source for Spanish incoming number?

Old May 26th 05, 12:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Lee

Default Source for Spanish incoming number?

Hi

I have just signed up for Voipfone here in the UK and would like to see if I
can rig up a Spanish incoming number. My mother lives in Spain and runs up
some pretty hefty phone bills.

Can anyone here recommend the best way of doing this? I am happy to set up a
second SIP account with a Spanish provider if necessary but would not know
who to choose.

Thanks

Old May 26th 05, 12:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ben Smithurst

Lee wrote:

Can anyone here recommend the best way of doing this? I am happy to set up a
second SIP account with a Spanish provider if necessary but would not know
who to choose.

We can provide incoming Spanish numbers in a few area codes for
4GBP/month with a 3 month free trial:

917 Madrid
933 Barcelona
951 Malaga
961 Valencia
965 Alicante

Go to www.gradwell.com/voip for more info.

--
Ben Smithurst gradwell dot com Ltd
Systems Developer
Old May 26th 05, 01:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris Blunt

On Thu, 26 May 2005 12:58:01 +0100, Ben Smithurst
wrote:

Lee wrote:

Can anyone here recommend the best way of doing this? I am happy to set up a
second SIP account with a Spanish provider if necessary but would not know
who to choose.

We can provide incoming Spanish numbers in a few area codes for
4GBP/month with a 3 month free trial:

917 Madrid
933 Barcelona
951 Malaga
961 Valencia
965 Alicante

Go to www.gradwell.com/voip for more info.

Do you offer incoming numbers in any countries in Asia? I can't seem
to find this information on your web site. The only reference is to UK
numbers.

Chris

Old May 26th 05, 01:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ben Smithurst

wrote:

We can provide incoming Spanish numbers in a few area codes for
4GBP/month with a 3 month free trial:

917 Madrid
933 Barcelona
951 Malaga
961 Valencia
965 Alicante

Go to www.gradwell.com/voip for more info.

Do you offer incoming numbers in any countries in Asia? I can't seem
to find this information on your web site. The only reference is to UK
numbers.

Just UK + Spain at the moment, with USA numbers being next on the cards
I believe.

Which countries in particular were you after? It's unlikely we'll have
any any time soon but it's useful to know what demand there is.

cheers
-ben

Old May 26th 05, 03:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Lee

"Ben Smithurst" wrote in message
Lee wrote:

Can anyone here recommend the best way of doing this? I am happy to set
up a
second SIP account with a Spanish provider if necessary but would not
know
who to choose.

We can provide incoming Spanish numbers in a few area codes for
4GBP/month with a 3 month free trial:

917 Madrid
933 Barcelona
951 Malaga
961 Valencia
965 Alicante

Sorry, I am not clear and find nothing about this on your site - what would
happen? Do I have to purchase a SIP account with you or you can redirect
incoming calls from the spanish number to my existing Voipfone account?

Thank

Old May 26th 05, 04:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
7

Lee wrote:

Hi

I have just signed up for Voipfone here in the UK and would like to see if
I can rig up a Spanish incoming number. My mother lives in Spain and runs
up some pretty hefty phone bills.

Can anyone here recommend the best way of doing this? I am happy to set up
a second SIP account with a Spanish provider if necessary but would not
know who to choose.

Thanks

If they are always same numbers, I calculate
its easier to put in broadband at each end and get SIP phone service
provider to allocate accounts and numbers at each end. Then your total
costs per month is 30 quid for broadband and one off equipment
cost (say 100 quid). You are saving if your phone bills
are running up 50 quid approx or above per month.

Old May 26th 05, 10:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ben Smithurst

Lee wrote:

Sorry, I am not clear and find nothing about this on your site - what would
happen? Do I have to purchase a SIP account with you or you can redirect
incoming calls from the spanish number to my existing Voipfone account?

You can either sign up for the 'single line' package and register a SIP
phone with our service, or you can buy the 'sip forwarder' package and
point it at your voipfone SIP address (assuming it has one, I understand
some providers do not allow SIP calls from outside).

Old May 26th 05, 10:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Lee

Lee wrote:

Sorry, I am not clear and find nothing about this on your site - what
would
happen? Do I have to purchase a SIP account with you or you can redirect
incoming calls from the spanish number to my existing Voipfone account?

You can either sign up for the 'single line' package and register a SIP
phone with our service, or you can buy the 'sip forwarder' package and
point it at your voipfone SIP address (assuming it has one, I understand
some providers do not allow SIP calls from outside).

OK, thanks Ben.

So what does this SIP address look like? Or, alternatively, what should I
ask Voipfone in order to find it out?

Old May 26th 05, 10:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Gradwell

Lee wrote:

Sorry, I am not clear and find nothing about this on your site - what
would
happen? Do I have to purchase a SIP account with you or you can redirect
incoming calls from the spanish number to my existing Voipfone account?

You can either sign up for the 'single line' package and register a SIP
phone with our service, or you can buy the 'sip forwarder' package and
point it at your voipfone SIP address (assuming it has one, I understand
some providers do not allow SIP calls from outside).

OK, thanks Ben.

So what does this SIP address look like? Or, alternatively, what should I
ask Voipfone in order to find it out?

usually, it's something like

Probably best to ask them what your sip address would be straight up.

peter
Old May 26th 05, 10:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Lee

"Peter Gradwell" wrote in message
.. .

Lee wrote:

Sorry, I am not clear and find nothing about this on your site - what
would
happen? Do I have to purchase a SIP account with you or you can redirect
incoming calls from the spanish number to my existing Voipfone account?

You can either sign up for the 'single line' package and register a SIP
phone with our service, or you can buy the 'sip forwarder' package and
point it at your voipfone SIP address (assuming it has one, I understand
some providers do not allow SIP calls from outside).

OK, thanks Ben.

So what does this SIP address look like? Or, alternatively, what should I
ask Voipfone in order to find it out?

usually, it's something like

Probably best to ask them what your sip address would be straight up.

Thanks Peter. I have just done so. Unfortunately, their responses to
enquiries are somewhat slower than your team's!