Grandstream ATA and VoIPBuster

Old May 28th 05, 03:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

Default Grandstream ATA and VoIPBuster

Anyone got this to work since they've come back for new beta users?

I have registered with their software and got Username and Password.

ATA settings a
SIP Server: sip.voipbuster.com
Outbound Proxy: sip.voipbuster.com
SIP User ID: my Username
Authenticate ID: my Username
Authenticate Password: my Password
Vocoder: PCMU, PCMA
Ports: 5060 5004
Stun: YES - stun.voipbuster.com
Proxy-Requi blank
FXS Imp: CTR21
Caller ID Scheme: ETSI-FSK
Onhook Voltage: 48
Special Featu Standard

Is there anything I've missed, or got wrong.

Any help appreciated.

David
Old May 28th 05, 04:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave Gill

David Floyd wrote:

Outbound Proxy: sip.voipbuster.com

[...]
Stun: YES - stun.voipbuster.com

Surely you don't really need to specify an outbound proxy if you're
using STUN?

Old May 28th 05, 04:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Sat, 28 May 2005, Dave Gill writes
David Floyd wrote:

Outbound Proxy: sip.voipbuster.com

[...]
Stun: YES - stun.voipbuster.com

Surely you don't really need to specify an outbound proxy if you're
using STUN?

Probably not; but it still doesn't work if either of these is deleted
(made blank).

David
Old May 28th 05, 04:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"David Floyd" wrote in message
Anyone got this to work since they've come back for new beta users?

I have registered with their software and got Username and Password.

ATA settings a
SIP Server: sip.voipbuster.com
Outbound Proxy: sip.voipbuster.com
SIP User ID: my Username
Authenticate ID: my Username
Authenticate Password: my Password
Vocoder: PCMU, PCMA
Ports: 5060 5004
Stun: YES - stun.voipbuster.com
Proxy-Requi blank
FXS Imp: CTR21
Caller ID Scheme: ETSI-FSK
Onhook Voltage: 48
Special Featu Standard

Is there anything I've missed, or got wrong.

Any help appreciated.

David

I thought it said on their site that only their softphone could be used from
now on?

Old May 28th 05, 04:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Sat, 28 May 2005, Jono writes

"David Floyd" wrote in message
Anyone got this to work since they've come back for new beta users?

I thought it said on their site that only their softphone could be used from
now on?

I agree, except that their site says (I think) that they are not
supporting SIP devices, but dcuk said in another thread that it works
for him :-(

David
Old May 28th 05, 05:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

Dave Gill wrote:
David Floyd wrote:

Outbound Proxy: sip.voipbuster.com

[...]
Stun: YES - stun.voipbuster.com

Surely you don't really need to specify an outbound proxy if you're
using STUN?

Sipgate specifiy that you should, not tried it without..! Do you have to
specify a port number for STUN..?

Ivor

Old May 28th 05, 06:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
AlexDeag

"David Floyd" wrote in message
Anyone got this to work since they've come back for new beta users?

I have registered with their software and got Username and Password.

ATA settings a
SIP Server: sip.voipbuster.com
Outbound Proxy: sip.voipbuster.com
SIP User ID: my Username
Authenticate ID: my Username
Authenticate Password: my Password
Vocoder: PCMU, PCMA
Ports: 5060 5004
Stun: YES - stun.voipbuster.com
Proxy-Requi blank
FXS Imp: CTR21
Caller ID Scheme: ETSI-FSK
Onhook Voltage: 48
Special Featu Standard

Is there anything I've missed, or got wrong.

Any help appreciated.

David

Have you seent this on this page

http://www.voipbuster.com/en/newsflash.html

" Temporarily, we will not support SIP-calls. SIP-users, for the time being
please use the fully available VoipBuster application instead. "

Old May 28th 05, 06:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Sat, 28 May 2005, Ivor Jones writes
Dave Gill wrote:
David Floyd wrote:

Outbound Proxy: sip.voipbuster.com

[...]
Stun: YES - stun.voipbuster.com

Surely you don't really need to specify an outbound proxy if you're
using STUN?

Sipgate specifiy that you should, not tried it without..! Do you have to
specify a port number for STUN..?

Well I don't use an Outbound Proxy with Sipgate; and it works. (When
Sipgate isn't down, that is)

David
Old May 28th 05, 06:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

Dave Gill wrote:
David Floyd wrote:

Outbound Proxy: sip.voipbuster.com
[...]
Stun: YES - stun.voipbuster.com

Surely you don't really need to specify an outbound proxy if
you're using STUN?

Sipgate specifiy that you should, not tried it without..! Do you
have to specify a port number for STUN..?

Well I don't use an Outbound Proxy with Sipgate; and it works. (When
Sipgate isn't down, that is)

David

Interesting. The info on Sipgate's site specific to the Sipura that I use
specifies using "sipgate.co.uk" as an outbound proxy, I'll have to try
removing it and seeing what happens. They also use port 10000 for STUN as
well, which is non-standard. MAybe voipbuster use the standard port (can't
remember it offhand..!) so it isn't specified..?

Ivor

Old May 28th 05, 06:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
dcuk

David Floyd wrote:
Anyone got this to work since they've come back for new beta users?

I have registered with their software and got Username and Password.

ATA settings a
SIP Server: sip.voipbuster.com
Outbound Proxy: sip.voipbuster.com
SIP User ID: my Username
Authenticate ID: my Username
Authenticate Password: my Password
Vocoder: PCMU, PCMA
Ports: 5060 5004
Stun: YES - stun.voipbuster.com
Proxy-Requi blank
FXS Imp: CTR21
Caller ID Scheme: ETSI-FSK
Onhook Voltage: 48
Special Featu Standard

Is there anything I've missed, or got wrong.

Any help appreciated.

David

Is it not registering at all for you?

Voipbuster is the only one that works for me. I can register with the
server and make calls. Neither 18866 or 1899 work for me with voip. I an
register with the server but all calls fail.