Asterisk & Call18866 & Voipbuster

Old May 28th 05, 03:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The Cable Guy

Default Asterisk & Call18866 & Voipbuster

It's me again!

Anyone know what's wrong with my trunk settings for call18866?

from iax_additional.conf:

[18866]
username=18866xxxxxxxxxxx
type=peer
secret=xxxxxxxxx
qualify=yes
host=iax.call18866.co.uk

I have [almost] identical settings for 1899 which work.

With regards to voipbuster, is it a confirmed fact that it will only work
using their client software?

Old May 31st 05, 01:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tony Hoyle

The Cable Guy wrote:
[18866]
username=18866xxxxxxxxxxx
type=peer
secret=xxxxxxxxx
qualify=yes
host=iax.call18866.co.uk

That looks pretty identical to mine. You need the full phone number in
the username eg. 188660161xxxxxxxx

Make sure you set your outgoing callerid too.. seems to matter.

With regards to voipbuster, is it a confirmed fact that it will only work
using their client software?

It works fine over an iax connection w/asterisk. Basically the same
setup as 18866/1899.

Tony

Old May 31st 05, 05:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The Cable Guy

"Tony Hoyle" wrote in message
ups.com...
The Cable Guy wrote:
[18866]
username=18866xxxxxxxxxxx
type=peer
secret=xxxxxxxxx
qualify=yes
host=iax.call18866.co.uk

That looks pretty identical to mine. You need the full phone number in
the username eg. 188660161xxxxxxxx

Make sure you set your outgoing callerid too.. seems to matter.

With regards to voipbuster, is it a confirmed fact that it will only work
using their client software?

It works fine over an iax connection w/asterisk. Basically the same
setup as 18866/1899.

Tony

Thanks Tony,

I have the full number in the username.

I cannot get either 18866 or Voipbuster to work with Aterisk.

However, 1899 Voip works fine (except I cannot get any new numbers to work)

I seem to be having probs with 18866 because I'm already with 1899(?)

Old June 1st 05, 02:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tony Hoyle

The Cable Guy wrote:

Thanks Tony,

I have the full number in the username.

I cannot get either 18866 or Voipbuster to work with Aterisk.

However, 1899 Voip works fine (except I cannot get any new numbers to work)

I seem to be having probs with 18866 because I'm already with 1899(?)

I have accounts with all 3 logged in simultaneously... don't do
anything special at all (I think).

Here's my relevent bits of iax.conf:

In my [general] I have:
disallow=all
allow=g729
allow=gsm
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw

Plus:
[call1899]
host=iax.1899.com
type=peer
username=18990161xxxxxxx
secret=xxxxxxxx
qualify=yes
context=inbound

[call18866]
host=iax.call18866.co.uk
type=peer
username=188660161xxxxxxx
secret=xxxxxxxx
qualify=yes
context=inbound

[voipbuster]
host=iax.voipbuster.com
type=peer
username=xxxxxxx
secret=xxxxxxxx
qualify=yes
context=inbound

Tony

Old June 1st 05, 06:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The Cable Guy

Tony Hoyle wrote:
|| The Cable Guy wrote:
||| Thanks Tony,
||| I have the full number in the username.
||| I cannot get either 18866 or Voipbuster to work with Aterisk.
||| However, 1899 Voip works fine (except I cannot get any new numbers
||| to work)
||| I seem to be having probs with 18866 because I'm already with
||| 1899(?)
|| I have accounts with all 3 logged in simultaneously... don't do
|| anything special at all (I think).
|| Here's my relevent bits of iax.conf:
|| In my [general] I have:
|| disallow=all
|| allow=g729
|| allow=gsm
|| allow=ulaw
|| allow=alaw
|| Plus:
|| [call1899]
|| host=iax.1899.com
|| type=peer
|| username=18990161xxxxxxx
|| secret=xxxxxxxx
|| qualify=yes
|| context=inbound
|| [call18866]
|| host=iax.call18866.co.uk
|| type=peer
|| username=188660161xxxxxxx
|| secret=xxxxxxxx
|| qualify=yes
|| context=inbound
|| [voipbuster]
|| host=iax.voipbuster.com
|| type=peer
|| username=xxxxxxx
|| secret=xxxxxxxx
|| qualify=yes
|| context=inbound
|| Tony

Thanks Tony, I'll do some more scrutinising