Software for Faxing via 1899 or Voipbuster ???

Old May 29th 05, 09:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Daniel

Default Software for Faxing via 1899 or Voipbuster ???

Is there any software that can be used to fax from a PC via a SIP or IAX
service ???

I'm sure it does exist, but couldn't find anything on a quick google search.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

Old May 29th 05, 10:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

"Daniel" wrote in message
Is there any software that can be used to fax from a PC via a SIP or IAX
service ???

I'm sure it does exist, but couldn't find anything on a quick google

search.

Why are sure it exists ? Faxing over IP is done with T38. But saying that
there are a few server based solutions, Hylafax and spanDSP being two.
spanDSP intergrates with softswitchs, hylafax is server/modem based but I
believe it does intergrate to give a fax soution, When I get time I will be
intergrating my hylafax server as at the moment calls are passed via a sip
extension from * to the email/fax server.

The problem with faxing over SIP / IAX is making sure the call uses a
compatable codec end to end.

Ian